Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McQz View Post
    You might want to check your compressor... Mine can get up to 150# and takes about 20 seconds to pop in the presta gauge/chuck and dial in the pressure. It then takes only a few seconds to fill it up both tires. I spend more time taking the valve covers off and putting them back on than in actually filling the tires.

My compressor sits next to the garage door, so it is easy to get any of our vehicles (as well as all of the neighborhood kids' bikes) into usable position. The only vehicles that actually fit in the garage are 4 of our 6 bikes and my bride's motorcycle. It is a piece of cake to top of the tires on either or both bikes as we get ready to roll out, whether mounted or carrying them to the car for a road trip.

Since getting the compressor in January, the only time we've used the Bontrager (which I like very much - the top-mounted gauge is da bomb for these old eyes!) is when we've driven someplace and brought the bikes along.
    I agree with this.

I've got the compressor by the garage door and a 50' hose on a reel. We have 3 cars, 4 bicycles, 5 motorcycles and a lift table and the compressor makes life easier.

My Bikes
    Peugeot something 1975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, here's all you need to know. I have a Blackburn AirTower 3 floor pump and a Lezyne (with a hose but I don't know the model) to carry on the bike. They work great. Never had any problems with them. The Blackburn has replaceable parts so I anticipate YEARS of great service.
    1975 Peugeot UO-18
    -----------------------------------------------

Just wanting to have some dang fun!
    "What she loved was simply life." Mrs. Dalloway
    "Free the cheese!"
    Diesel Dan: HTFU!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12