Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got some grand kids you want to spoil? And a spare $1,150?

I spotted these two amazing kid-sized Italian bikes on Seattle Craigslist today....

This junior Colnago for $1150 (it's never been out of the box):

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/1327550635.html

And this lugged and chromed Italian beauty for a little less....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/1327547577.html

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW - you are lucky. How come I can never find these deals.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    Too darn many.. latest count is 11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kids will have the same prob my itty wife has - hands can't reach the levers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would have to be the "special" bike for use only with Grandpa. If the kid had it as a daily bike, no telling how soon the kid would get distracted, and run off to play, leaving the bike unattended.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post
    That would have to be the "special" bike for use only with Grandpa. If the kid had it as a daily bike, no telling how soon the kid would get distracted, and run off to play, leaving the bike unattended.

Why, that's why you need a Bike Butler. In fact, my Bike Butler and I were discussing this over tea this morning (he was lubing and waxing my commuter bike before I left for work -- I was late again, because he keeps forgetting that on Tuesdays I want Evian in my water bottles, not Fiji. Anyway, I digress...).

My Bike Butler informed me that to take care of hand-made bikes under 40cm in size I need to employ a Junior Bike Butler. I said, "That's great, the Junior Bike Butler could also then round up all the skateboards and Razor scooters around here," but the Bike Butler told me that union rules prevent Bike Butlers, even Junior ones, from touching other wheeled vehicles.

So I called a meeting -- I got the Pet Wrangler, Video Game Coach, and Feng Shui Master together in the kitchen -- and we all agreed there was no room left in the servants' wing for a Junior Bike Butler. With everyone already *very* busy keeping the family estate in order, we decided not to pull the trigger on the bikes mentioned above.

Thus, they are all yours...

Crazy ole cat lady
    My Bikes
    One built up on a Nashbar frame, one built up from a Paramount frame
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might work for an adult little person. (Dwarf or midget I mean)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengeBoy View Post
    Why, that's why you need a Bike Butler. In fact, my Bike Butler and I were discussing this over tea this morning (he was lubing and waxing my commuter bike before I left for work -- I was late again, because he keeps forgetting that on Tuesdays I want Evian in my water bottles, not Fiji. Anyway, I digress...).

My Bike Butler informed me that to take care of hand-made bikes under 40cm in size I need to employ a Junior Bike Butler. I said, "That's great, the Junior Bike Butler could also then round up all the skateboards and Razor scooters around here," but the Bike Butler told me that union rules prevent Bike Butlers, even Junior ones, from touching other wheeled vehicles.

So I called a meeting -- I got the Pet Wrangler, Video Game Coach, and Feng Shui Master together in the kitchen -- and we all agreed there was no room left in the servants' wing for a Junior Bike Butler. With everyone already *very* busy keeping the family estate in order, we decided not to pull the trigger on the bikes mentioned above.

Well now I understand why the economic recovery has stalled!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Craigslist(Pittsburgh) is filled with BMX bikes, overpriced junk that has been is some basement for 15 years, and students looking for $10 bikes. You are lucky and if your grandkid would really use such a bike they are really lucky.

My Bikes
    Peugeot something 1975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BengeBoy View Post

That is really priceless. Where should I begin looking for my own Bike Butler?
    1975 Peugeot UO-18
    -----------------------------------------------

Just wanting to have some dang fun!
    "What she loved was simply life." Mrs. Dalloway
    "Free the cheese!"
    Diesel Dan: HTFU!

My Bikes
    Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that they are both on Mercer Island. That's where I grew up in the 50's and 60's. (MIHS Class of '69) It was a great place for a budding cyclist. The ride around the island - East Mercer Way to West Mercer Way to North Mercer Way - tons 'o fun. Of course, I could never afford to live there now, but if I had a grandchild I might consider one of these bikes.

My Bikes
    Marin Pt. Reyes, Gary Fisher HiFi Pro, Easy Racers Gold Rush recumbent, Cannondale F600
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are actually too small even for me to ride. Neat bikes though!

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a little road bike like that for my kids back in the 80's. It was a Motobecane, and it worked great (rides with Dad only, you're right!) the only tough part was getting tires (530-A's if I remember right).

Finally had Mel Pinto Imports (remember them?) order four tires for the bike on one of their direct shipments from Europe. Great bike! Gave it to a friend of mine for his grand-kids when my boys out-grew it.

Rick / OCRR