Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first 1,000 miles

Since getting into cycling in mid May, I just put on my 1,000th mile on my old 73' Raleigh Super Course. This last month, I've worked up to riding 3 days a week, and each ride being 32-35 miles long. I've got 3 or 4 different routes I take depending on what I want to work on. Todays ride was one of the windiest, a good 15 mph wind and gusting. Somehow I managed to do my best avg. speed yet. 15.3 mph for 31.6 miles, in 2 hrs. 4 minutes. I feel like things are starting to get a bit easier now. The ole' body is starting to get in shape, I've tweaked the fit on the bike to where I'm pretty darn comfortable now, so all I have to do is ride and learn to read the signals my body is giving me.

I'm working towards that birthday ride of 50 miles come the first week of October. To date, 37 miles is the farthest I've ridden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, I'm guessing 50 will come pretty easy for you. Next thing you know you get a groove and 10,000 rolls right by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping the 50 won't be too bad. I'm sure if I slow down just a bit and not push so hard, I'll be able to do it. Once the 50 is under my belt, it's time to set my goal on that century.

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You rock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when will N+1 occur guys,place your wagers now for bragging rights.Oh,and Congratulations on reaching 1000 miles,Nogyro.