Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    sun folding, Giant revive, older 26 incher, Bugger trailer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying o decide on a new TRIKe maybe Pacific ?

hello all
    Im in the market for a new wheels. A TRike this time. as I'm getting older I'm less stable on my little Sun bike .a folding unit. I like it for it lightweight and fold ability when shopping.
    I do all of my bicycle riding for errands. As I dont need the exercise. Most jaunts are to the grocery under a mile a way or to mailbox etc. Occ will take the bus like to Dr appointment downtown. Will put Sun bike on the bus bike front rack. It holds two bikes. If bike rack full have folded up quickly and took on bus.
    I occasionally get out my older 26 inch regular bike and trailer , and old Bugger . I bought prob over 30 years ago used. to hail like stuff I find in neighborhood from junk pickup or occ firewood from neighborhood curbs.
    Checked out a used but excellent condition 1980s trike yesterday. It was nice. But hand brake and single speed. testing ride it on the owners street was easy downhill but back to his house , more work on the bit of hill.
    Do any of you all think I could convert my Giant Revive a semi recumbent into a TRIKE. I saw on utube a conversion unit It would cost around $400 for just the part. Plus gentlemen said my Revive had too many Gears.
    thinking strongly about the Pacific Carry All or the Workman PAV3 the Mission folding trike looks good but expensive Like those cause they dont seem to sit too high like a regular trike. Local dealers only have Schwinn, SUN EZ 3 . TrEK Pure ,but no other trikes in stock
    any input PLEASE
    Thank you
    Jean

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Jean.

You might get better response to your question at Bentrider Online.

Based on thousands of miles on trikes, the looks of the Pacific frighten me. The combination of such small wheels with the high riding position makes it seem like an accident ready to happen and soon.

The Mission folding trike looks like a much better trike but might prove awkward in conjunction with public transport. In general, trikes and buses do not yet seem to work well together.

For neighborhood riding you might find the Cycle Genius Phoenix interesting.

If you might like a low trike, the choices become much wider. Several of the vendors listed on the BentriderOnline site provide excellent low trikes. My wife much enjoys her TerraTrike and I my Trice.

George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sun has an extensive line-up of 2- and 3-wheel cycles, not just EZ-3. Any bike shop that orders from the J&B catalog can order any of the Sun offerings. Here's a link to sun's recumbents:

http://www.sunbicycles.com/products.php?cl1=RECUMBENT

Although I have to say, if you're only riding it a mile and probably not all that fast, a Workman cycle will probably fit your needs for less money.