TMB
    My Bikes
    Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chasing the Clouds .............

I got up early this morning and figured I better get out early if I wanted to ride, at all.

The weather has been pretty iffy the last few days, much cooler and thunderstorms kicking up, every day.

I looked out the window, patches of blue sky, mostly heavy grey black clouds circling in up against the mountain behind me.

I checked the thermometer, got some breakfast going and waited for it to warm up a bit.

I needed to get out today, blow some cob-webs out. A catharsis. Re-set the brain a bit. Put some personal upheaval behind me.

Chase the clouds away, as it were.

I finally hit the road, and when I went to take the first picture of the day, the camera did .............. nothing. Dead battery. Idiot.

I rode my beloved Peg, one of the fastest 50 miles I ever remember doing, all the while chasing the clouds.

I got home, feeling good, feeling tired and spent.

My family met me and welcomed me like a returning hero.

No pictures, apart from the one taken from home, after the ride.

I donít know if I chased the clouds away, but I did not get caught in the downpour and that means something.

I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to summer in Alberta as soon as I can get the kid off to college and the wife retired. At least that's my plan.

Banned.
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left BC 12 years ago for work and when asked if I miss it, I honestly say "I miss the rain". Not the summer showers as we get plenty of that here but the lengthy steady soaking rains of the west coast. I always found them a great time to read, relax and reflect. Liquid sunshine!

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those clouds look like rain to me- but it all depends on wind direction and where they are.

I live in what used to be a rain belt. But about 10 years ago and a slight change in wind direction and I can see those clouds to the South of us- but they never get over the hills. Instead we are getting higher than usual wind and more frequent than I can remember.

But just wait- Next major ride I have planned is in a months time. Now shall I take the Goretex or the full wet suit?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan