Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Knock, Knock, (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/584367-knock-knock.html)

nivekdodge 09-12-09 09:45 PM

Knock, Knock,

Can I come in? I turned Fifty today and this mark the second year on the bike and off the cigarettes. I'm from Pittsburgh and do most of my 60 miles a week on the road on Sun morn.......Hi y'all, oops I mean Hi yinz!

Randy Bosma 09-12-09 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivekdodge (Post 9664954)
Can I come in? I turned Fifty today and this mark the second year on the bike and off the cigarettes. I'm from Pittsburgh and do most of my 60 miles a week on the road on Sun morn.......Hi y'all, oops I mean Hi yinz!

Happy Birthday! :thumb: and congrats on two very good decisions. Welcome to a great decade of life!

nivekdodge 09-12-09 10:00 PM

Thanks much!

Doohickie 09-12-09 10:08 PM

Sure you can come in. I've been crashing this party for a year now and I don't turn 47 till next month.

;)

stapfam 09-13-09 12:37 AM

Get off the lawn--Turn that music down- and find my glasses.

Then you will fit in.

DnvrFox 09-13-09 06:32 AM

And I thought we were going to read a good joke!!

Anyway, I'm here, and you are very welcome.

Do you eat pie?

cyclinfool 09-13-09 04:11 PM

Welcome, You must go out and ride a 50 mile birthday ride (being a few days late is OK) and then report back in with pictures.

cranky old dude 09-13-09 04:16 PM

Happy Birthday.

Two ride reports due within the next week.....
Birthday "Rode my age" ride, & "Pie Ride' on next Saturday. Pictures are good too.

And you thought this forum would be easy?!?!

JanMM 09-13-09 06:00 PM

Happy BD!
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z284/JanMM/bdpie.jpg

eshvanu 09-13-09 06:21 PM

Pittsburgh?!? :eek: I don't know...

:p

Welcome!

gash44 09-13-09 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 9665387)
Get off the lawn--Turn that music down- and find my glasses.

Then you will fit in.

Good one.

homebody146 09-13-09 06:46 PM

celebrate your birthday with great italian pastries from Moio's !

nivekdodge 09-13-09 07:00 PM

Thanks everyone. I think I need the background on the pie ride. Me and the riding buddy have picked up the large chocolate chip cookie habit. Is that close?

We did the 50 mile ride last Sunday, through the streets of Pittsburgh. What's wrong with that? You' ll hear and see a lot of us next weekend if all the idiots don't destroy it!

So where do I sign up for the 50+ jersey?

Kevin

trackhub 09-13-09 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 9665816)
And I thought we were going to read a good joke!!

Anyway, I'm here, and you are very welcome.

Do you eat pie?

I'm 52, have a good does of grey, and I just got line-less bifocals. They still want let me in on "pie". :eek:

Artkansas 09-13-09 09:00 PM

Welcome. No, chocolate chip cookies will not substitute for pie. You may have chocolate creme pie if you wish though.

overthehillmedi 09-13-09 09:08 PM

there is a string going on this forum that explains the rules and enforcement of said rules,or lack thereof of both the rules and enforcement. :D

Allegheny Jet 09-14-09 07:08 AM

Welcome from a former W PA'er. I always ride with Steeler logo stickers on my helmets. If you ride in the city then you should consider Danny Chew's Pittsburgh Dirty Dozen ride at the end of November. (just kidding) http://www.dannychew.com/dd.html

SingleSpeeDemon 09-14-09 07:29 AM

Hey nivekdodge...what part of the 'burgh are you from? I recently relocated from Pgh to South Carolina.

In case you want to know South Carolina = Butler, PA

stapfam 09-14-09 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nivekdodge (Post 9668812)
Thanks everyone. I think I need the background on the pie ride. Me and the riding buddy have picked up the large chocolate chip cookie habit. Is that close?

We did the 50 mile ride last Sunday, through the streets of Pittsburgh. What's wrong with that? You' ll hear and see a lot of us next weekend if all the idiots don't destroy it!

So where do I sign up for the 50+ jersey?

Kevin

50 miles will be fine- but cookies- Not on your knelly:(

This is a ride in which you have to eat PIE- Blueberry preferably but substitutions can be made. Realising that some of us have a weight problem- and also like PIE- if more than one slice is taken at the prescribed 15 miles (Or 7.5 if you have it on the ride) Or if more than one stop is made to eat More PIE- then you can work it off by increasing milage. As you have already stated that your milage per ride is around 50 miles- This will mean a Century ride at least for you.

But if you contact Retro Grouch- He may allow you to just do his milage while he has the PIE. Doesn't sound like a good trade to me but Retro does have a problem (Or Two)

Wanderer 09-14-09 10:58 AM

Welcome, and in just enuf time to get you primed for the 60+ Forum....

nivekdodge 09-14-09 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingleSpeeDemon (Post 9670894)
Hey nivekdodge...what part of the 'burgh are you from? I recently relocated from Pgh to South Carolina.

In case you want to know South Carolina = Butler, PA

I grew up in the city, Mt Washington, so I'm more than familiar with Sycamore street and Canton Ave. I had a VW that sometimes made it up there. The rest of the ride sounds alot like a Sunday morning. My Birthday ride started in Southside and took us up Squaw run to the end of Dorseyville and then involved the 62nd street bridge and the resevior. Now I'm in Moon. I feel alot like Pcad cause no matter where I go I have to end the ride climbing!!

Mini fact about Canton ave. It was paved in 77 but summer heat sent the asphalt down the hill and they came out and cleared off all the cobblestones.