User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    My Bikes
    Trek 4500 and a 4300 and a few Raleighs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many of you still have children living at home?

I do. I was older (31) when I got married and our sons are fairly spread out in age:

Our seven year old was a "surprise" but we're all crazy about him and he keeps me feeling young.

My Bikes
    1999 Giant TCR 2T 2009 Giant Cypress DX 2008 Giant Sedona
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Married at 23 but didn't have kids until I was 34.

All three are still at home, 22, 18, and 15. The 22 YO is back home for the second time. We just can't get rid of him.

The 18 YO was supposed to start college this fall but I got laid off in June and his plans are on hold.

My Bikes
    Sun EZ-Tad SX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do as well, 2 sons (26 & 24) and a daughter (almost 16 ). I'm beginning to think I'm never going to get the two boys to move out on their own...
    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
    -- Will Rogers

My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Wingra, 30 yr old KHS Mountain Bike, Used Yakima traile
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were married a little late in my life (26) and our first girl didn't show up until I was almost 30, with the other one 3 years later. They both left home at 18, though the 2nd TRIED to come home - she found that her room had been turned into a den and her closet was now the laundry room...

At 60 there is a LOT to be said for the empty nest, especially now that both of the girls have 2 girls of their own! I love them all, but when they visit it is pandemonium!
    The difference between "Bold" and "Stupid"
    is often measured by the severity of your injuries.

63 yr old MTB newbie and his lovely bride

His: '08 Roubaix S-Works, ''11 Stumpjumper FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Globe SS with Brooks B-17W saddle
    Hers:'08 Ruby Pro, '11 Safire FSR Comp, '11 TriCross Comp, '11 Skinny Benny SS with Brooks B-17 saddle
    Theirs: '10 Breezer 3-speed commuter

My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started a bit late as well. We have a 16 year old high school junior at home and an 18 year old college freshman that we moved out last month. We're amazed how different it is having only one at home. I figure we've got at least 6 years before we are truly empty-nesters as they won't really be gone until they are both finished with college and enter the workforce.

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    21 year old daughter and 18 year old son are now both at college! My wife and I are adapting to the changes. My wife returned to work 3 years ago. I figure it will take at least the first semester to reclaim the house from the mess the youngsters left in their wake.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Corsa, RANS Stratus XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours finally seem to be gone for good, so we downsized into a smaller place, getting ready to retire. There is no room for anyone to move back in, now.
    Bud
    * 2009 RANS XStream
    * 2007 RANS Stratus XP
    * 2006 Bacchetta Corsa
    My Blog - uneasy-rider.com

They told me it's ok to post mileage over in the commuting forum, so you'll probably find me there these days.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My two daughters both got married last year and they used to live about 8 miles away in Eastbourne. But they got married one lives about 1/2 mile away from us to the West- and the other lives about 1/2 mile away to the East.

Mums home cooking is too good for them to stray far- and the babysitting and grandads gardening skills and the bank of Dad at the wrong end of the month is only a short walk away.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    '82 Colnago Super; '07 Cannondale CAAD9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still have a 17 yr old high school Sr at home; the older two are out. Thought about downsizing in the next few years and still might happen, but just got done with a re-fi on the house, 15 yr fixed @ 4.5%. Since the market is still pretty much tanked may wait a while.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Four of my five daughters are now on their own. We had planned to stop at 4. But, quite unexpected, when I was 37, a 5th came along and she is now 17 and a senior in high school.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

South of Raleigh, North of New Hill, West of Harris Lake, NC
    My Bikes
    Giant OCR-C, Specialized Tarmac, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, Stumpjumper Comp, 05 Rockhopper, 88 & 92Nishiki Ariel, 01 Bianchi Campione, 87 Centurion Ironman, 92 Paramount, 97 Lemond
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are kids in my house. My son and me.
    Roccobike BF Official Thread Terminator

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro 20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got our 24-year old son at home while he's finishing up college. We're hoping he'll be out in another year or so. Well, I am anyway.

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our two boys are 27 and 25 and have both "fledged" from the nest. My wife fills their arm with cans of food, frozen foods and even my special treats every time one leaves our house after a visit.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 50 and my daughter's 9.
    She'll start college about the time my house is paid off, and hopefully she'll graduate about the time I'm ready to retire.

http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - what a timely thread. I have two, 9 and 26 (yes - there was a surprise) - both still at home . Tonight I am entering into the "time to pay rent to live at home" discussion. Hate and discontent will occur this evening, lots of slamming of doors - just can't wait to get home...
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sons (41 and 34) have been gone for years. Although my wife says she is still raising me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep...2 still at home. 26 year old son is a college graduate, but can't find employment in his field. 23 year old son, college graduate has a job and lives in another state! 20 year old son still in college. I was already an (ahem) older-than-usual mother when the were born, so I am an older-than-dirt mom with grown sons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 24 year old daughter just moved out to attend law school. Our 27 year old son graduated in May with his PHD and is still at home, still looking for employment.

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    19 year old away at college.

15 year old spends most of her time riding a horse about a mile from our home; she occasionally visits to sleep, eat, change clothes.

2 dogs.

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two days later, I am still recovering from the anxiety of putting my oldest son (21yrs) on a plane to England to do a semester abroad. So STEPFAM: If you happen to be up in London, and see a 6'4' Yank kid looking lost and confused, point him towards Goldsmiths, please. He is normally at University of Pennsylvania.
    I have another son (19 yrs.), a sophmore at U. of P., living on campus and a 17 yr.old daughter home, picking colleges now.
    I started popping out babies at 32 yrs. old.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    Two days later, I am still recovering from the anxiety of putting my oldest son (21yrs) on a plane to England to do a semester abroad. So STEPFAM: If you happen to be up in London, and see a 6'4' Yank kid looking lost and confused, point him towards Goldsmiths, please. He is normally at University of Pennsylvania.
    I have another son (19 yrs.), a sophmore at U. of P., living on campus and a 17 yr.old daughter home, picking colleges now.
    I started popping out babies at 32 yrs. old.
    I'll be in London on Saturday Morning- So if he wants to get along to the Houses Of Parliament at 10AM- we'll meet up- He won't be able to miss me-

Windy ride.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both sons gone; Son one in K.C. in dental school, son two on the U.S.S. Ronald Reagan as a computer intelligence geek.

Rick / OCRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 22 month old boy that said, "Bike Pump!" very clearly once when I was airing up my tire. I was so proud!

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    I'll be in London on Saturday Morning- So if he wants to get along to the Houses Of Parliament at 10AM- we'll meet up- He won't be able to miss me-

Windy ride.

LOL LOL!!!!! I LOVE IT! Actually, he is in Manchester until Sunday for a family wedding, then to London. If he had gone straight to London, I would have told him to go there and find you and get your picture with him. He would have done it for me,too. He is a good sport. I made him come to Philadelphia with me to see Prince Charles when he was here. He waved and smiled right at me(I mean Prince Charles, not my son.)
    Good luck with the ride.

My Bikes
    Trek 4500 and a 4300 and a few Raleighs
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis View Post
    Both sons (41 and 34) have been gone for years. Although my wife says she is still raising me.
    Yup. Even though we have three kids my wife says she's also putting up with a fourth one -- me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast