Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soon winter, "new" beater.

I have had this 16" Kona Kilauea frame for some years. It is too small (I'm 6'), but with the long TT I decided it will do as a winter bike. Not much clearance with the Nokian Freddie's. Fun to use an old Nitto bar from an 87 Kuwahara. Set up with mostly 8 speed LX.

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice tires.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought my Kona Explosif in 93 at a discounted price- but I was contemplating a Kilauea as that was what I could afford. The Kilauae was only slightly down from the Explosif as the Explosif is XT but with discount I went for the better bike. That fork you have on it-The Project ll is probably the best rigid fork ever made. Double butted chromoly steel and it does offer some give that other rigid forks do not.

You are right about the TT being long as I am a lot shorter than you and have a 19" It still rides a dream but I No longer have the rigid forks. I went for some Manitou Elastomer suspension and that was when I noticed how good the Project ll's are.

An exceptionally good bike you have and did you know that there is a lifetime guaranty on the frame?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stapfam; 09-20-09 at 02:09 PM.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan