User Tag List

My Bikes
    Surly LHT 52cm Nice Bicycle I think.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giro Stylus Helmets

Has any one use a giro stylus helmet if so how do you like it.I am thinking about getting one this week.

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My last 5 helmets have been Giro (2 Eclipse, 1 Animas, 1 Pneumo, 1 Atmos). I've been very happy with Giro until I got the Atmos last spring. I haven't been able to get it to fit comfortably.
    Picked up a Lazer 02 today. It fits like a glove.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought two of them, one for the wife and one for me...I don't care for it...for some odd reason I can't get the straps straight on the sides, around the ears. I have a shaved head and wear a head cover, but it still has a sharp spot on the liner that is annoying as well.

My wife's is the same way with the side straps.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience: Gyro helmets (and Specialized) tend to be long and narrow. Bell helmets tend to be more round. So try them all and find the one that is most suited to the shape of your head. I have a round head (guess that means I'm not a cavalier), so I stick with Bell.

Luis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Stylus (still do, actually). Liked it well enough but found it awkward to adjust and not very sturdy. Replaced it with a Saros (next step up) Love it.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Giro helmets for years and if I was looking for a new helmet- it had to be a Giro.

But a few years ago and My LBS stopped stocking them.

My method of choosing a helmet is decide how much I can spend and start trying helmets that are a bit below that price. Fit and feel is all important as far as I am concerned so I go up the range and quality till I find the helmet that I want to buy. Just as the LBS stopped carrying Giros- I did this and found that I liked the MET helmets. They fitted well- were very light and the final point was looking in a mirror. Went for a MET and it has proved to be good. Even better on fit than the Giro helmets that I used to wear.

Then last time round and I did the same system of helmet selection and I chose a Rudy Project. Shoes and helmets are one of the things that have to fit. You can't do that online.

Someone else has mentioned it but most helmets have a certain shape to them. Bell helmets have never felt comfortable to me. I used to always use Giro but there are other makes and models within those makes that may fit better so try before you buy.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan