User Tag List

My Bikes
    Surly LHT 52cm Nice Bicycle I think.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bell Furio Bike Helmet

I went out today and got this helmet Black/Charcoal one.I put on a few and the small one fit like a glove on me.So the cost was not that much around 65.00 at my LBS.Its nice to try on a few to see what fits best before you buy glad I did and to think I almost order one on line it would have been the wrong size too.It goes to show you that your LBS can help out more that you think or it did me.We have three good LBS here and I try to give them all a try and all of them has gave me good fit and my needs have been few but when you need a little help they can and are willing to help out none of these shop has push me in to buying anything they just show you what you need.And let you make up your own mind.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Bell Triton, that I purchased from my LBS. In its XL size, it is wonderful for those of us with swollen heads. My hat size is 8. The Triton is so large that I don't even use its largest setting. Cost me around $35.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I use a Bell Triton, that I purchased from my LBS. In its XL size, it is wonderful for those of us with swollen heads. My hat size is 8. The Triton is so large that I don't even use its largest setting. Cost me around $35.
    Time to trim the horns........................or bring back the helmet.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On most clothing- you might be able to get away with buying online But helmets and shoes are different. If not your LBS then it has to be at a shop where you can try the different manufacturers and the sizes. Saves a lot on return postage.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    Time to trim the horns........................or bring back the helmet.
    What is with this Hollywood-stylized Kurt Russell'ish pirate avatar?

If you want to be a pirate, then be one of these pirates
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought a Bell Delirium couple hours ago...bought it to replace my $4 one from the thrift store,,,
    $53 w/ tax...bright red,, maybe the ladies talking on their cellphones,,whilst driving their SUV's will see me....
    did a quick 20 miles and fits the same as old one, Happy..
    Bud

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using a Bell Metro (size large, bought online). It replaced a similar Bell Citi (one-size-fits-all, bought online). The Citi was not quite big enough for my tastes but fits my wife quite nicely.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

My Bikes
    2011 Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220, 1991 Bianchi Osprey
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a Giro Transfer today. $35 and it fits perfectly. I've been making do with a helmet I bought about 5 years ago, but a couple of weeks ago one of the stays broke that was meant to keep the strap-helmet connection from slipping around, and so the helmet was always loose. Then today I read a story about a freak accident where a local woman was killed on her bike from a head injury, even though she was wearing a helmet. I decided it was time to get a helmet with a greater chance of keeping me safe.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Virtually all helmets sold are "safe" in that they all pass the required tests, else they wouldn't be on the shelves. You can however get lighter, cooler (more and better ventelation) and possible more durable by going upscale a bit.

First step up is a helmet with some sort of positive fit system. My Bell's and I believe the Giro's have an adjustment wheel that pulls the headband in and out for better fit.

Some of us have odd shaped heads (at least some of you do), and it is sometimes necessary to shop around a bit untill the right helmet comes along. They say that women specific helmets have a special shape but I'm not sure that's true as my wife could never get one to work. (she finally tried on one of my better Bell road helmets and voila).

Good helmets can be bought from last years stock at excellent discount rates.