Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

A good book

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-09, 07:04 PM
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
A good book

On Tuesday my biking buddy (who is much more hard core than I) loaned me his copy of "The Rider" by Tim Krabbe, it is a quick read - took me two evenings. If you are into performance riding, like the TDF or just dream of the thrill of speed you will enjoy it. Highly recommended to our performance crowd - you know who you are.
Old 09-24-09, 05:47 AM
dolce far niente

Bikes: Cannondale Synapse Carbon, Dura Ace

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, It's a fun read.
Old 09-24-09, 07:05 AM
King of the molehills

Bikes: '04 Giant OCR2, DIY light tourer built on on Scattante cross frame, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On the other hand, if your taste runs to surreal black humor, check out "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'Brien quoted in my sig. Bicycles figure prominently, but it's not about biking.

I am reading his even stranger "At Swim-Two-Birds" now and finding it slower going, alas. Plus there are no bikes. But the parts about cowboys ridin' through Dublin lookin' for the varmint that stole their steers are pretty funny.

Everyman Library has recently published a one volume hardcover of his complete novels, only $16-and-change plus shipping from Amazon.

Hey, with winter approaching in the Northern Hemisphere, let's make this the 50+ Book Thread!

Last edited by bcoppola; 09-24-09 at 07:12 AM.