Thread: A good book

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good book

On Tuesday my biking buddy (who is much more hard core than I) loaned me his copy of "The Rider" by Tim Krabbe, it is a quick read - took me two evenings. If you are into performance riding, like the TDF or just dream of the thrill of speed you will enjoy it. Highly recommended to our performance crowd - you know who you are.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon, Dura Ace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, It's a fun read.
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon DA
    196- Raleigh Record
    2008 Fuji Cross Pro, commuter, tourer

My Bikes
    '04 Giant OCR2, '87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion, '85 Schwinn Super Le Tour, '92 Trek 820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the other hand, if your taste runs to surreal black humor, check out "The Third Policeman" by Flann O'Brien quoted in my sig. Bicycles figure prominently, but it's not about biking.

I am reading his even stranger "At Swim-Two-Birds" now and finding it slower going, alas. Plus there are no bikes. But the parts about cowboys ridin' through Dublin lookin' for the varmint that stole their steers are pretty funny.

Everyman Library has recently published a one volume hardcover of his complete novels, only $16-and-change plus shipping from Amazon.

Hey, with winter approaching in the Northern Hemisphere, let's make this the 50+ Book Thread!
    Last edited by bcoppola; 09-24-09 at 07:12 AM.
    '04 Giant OCR2|'87 Schwinn World Sport F/G conversion (6,129)|'92 Trek 820 MTB|'85 Schwinn Super LeTour
    "People who spend most of their natural lives riding iron bicycles over the rocky roadsteads of this parish get their personalities mixed up with the personalities of their bicycle as a result of the interchanging of the atoms of each of them and you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who are nearly half people and half bicycles." - Flann O'Brien, The Third Policeman