Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

My replacement ride

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

My replacement ride

Old 09-27-09, 07:08 PM
reTIRED

Bikes: raleigh,trike x,puch mixte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My replacement ride

Well I got the new trike on thursday and finished all the assembly plus added all the whistles and bells yesterday- first run on the MUP and to the coffee shop today. It will take a bit of getting used to and after a 3 and a half month lay off for recovery I was in terrible shape. I was able to ride without pain however!!! I was suprised there was no residule pain after the ride, my legs didn't even hurt ,although I thought they might fall off during the ride. Seems like it uses different muscles entirely.

Bought it off E bay ,its called a trike X. Good componets dura ace,deore xt, AB5 discs.good paint and welds etc.

Now to try and get back to my 20 mile days !!!!

Still miss my Raleigh and Puch Mixte but it beats not being able to ride!!!

Old 09-27-09, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Your Trike X bears a resemblance to the Catrike, which a couple of people in our group ride. Both of them get around very well on their trikes. Yours appears to have more bells and whistles than the Catrikes in our group. It appears to have a suspension mechanism for the rear wheel. Should give a smooth ride.