Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Anyone else see Race Across the Sky last night?

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-09, 07:28 AM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts

It is a film/documentary on the 2009 Leadville 100. Done pretty well-some nice moments and stories here and there. Even my wife thought it was okay. The bucket of popocorn was exceptional! I thought it was going to be in IMAX but it was just shown on one of our traditional screens.

I don't understand why Dnvrfox didn't suggest doing that ride when we were out there this summer. Maybe it was 14k of climbing above 10,000 feet-or the freezing temps-or the sleet and hail........Somebody here needs to take this ride on......and post a ride report and pics!!!

https://www.raceacrossthesky.com/
Old 10-23-09, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
I didn't see it but have watched the various links on youtube. It is very much an endurance race, not a really tough technical MTB race.

Good showcase for LA as he truly is an endurance machine.

I bet it sells a lot of Mountain Bikes that will be resold with light use in a couple of years.
Old 10-23-09, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
The scene when they told the old guy his race was over was tough, then to find out why was even tougher.
And to see Lance panic with a flat, and not a clue how to fix it, or where his comepition was, was priceless, and the comment at the end about the team car hit the nail on the head. He took it well though.
I'm glad it wasn't a complete Lance comercial, there where some interesting stories.
As for me, I'll stick with nice flat smooth MUPs, and be happy.