Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it getting fixed?

I can post a new thread - see this?
    I can reply
    In general I can do everything I could do on the "new" forum as before except:
    1) No smileys on a simple reply - have to go advanced and that option seems to be only with a quote.
    2) Lots of little places where the text does not line up properly on my browser - it over writes other text or is out of wack.
    3) Text Box is super wide - lots of scrolling to see what I have written.
    4) The way attachments are handled is just a pian.

The person who worte the style sheets on this site needs to go back to basic Web Weenney school.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Week Day Commuter.
    My Bikes
    2009 FUJI Roubaix 2009 Raleigh Cadent FT 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see any of those issues here running IE8 or Firefox. :-)
    Chuck

Road Bike
    2012 Cannondale Synapse 5
    Commuter
    2011 Trek PDX

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    I can post a new thread - see this?
    I can reply
    In general I can do everything I could do on the "new" forum as before except:
    1) No smileys on a simple reply - have to go advanced and that option seems to be only with a quote.
    2) Lots of little places where the text does not line up properly on my browser - it over writes other text or is out of wack.
    3) Text Box is super wide - lots of scrolling to see what I have written.
    4) The way attachments are handled is just a pian.

The person who worte the style sheets on this site needs to go back to basic Web Weenney school.
    I'm running IE7 and I have the same problems you identify in #2 and #4.

I can't post without smileys
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant delete stuff(jpg.) outa the file upload manager thingy.I got stuff there that i wont use.Never knew it was even still there till this new upgraded deal.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO 105
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What??? No smileys?
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon 105

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a quick reply you cannot post a smilie- but I thought it was always that way.

And while you are on Ron-- Posting attachments-- The Browse button has no writing to it- It is just a blank button.

Got me till I posted and got a reply from some-one with "Supernatural" powers that knew what the difficult to see button did- and where it was.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddez View Post
    I cant delete stuff(jpg.) outa the file upload manager thingy.I got stuff there that i wont use.Never knew it was even still there till this new upgraded deal.
    I think it was Tom Bomb who discovered that there is another list of attachments under "settings" that works for deleting, but only with IE, not Firefox.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    In a quick reply you cannot post a smilie- but I thought it was always that way.
    You can, but you either have to type the code or "go advanced" to see the selection of smileys.

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed is a relative concept for BF. Here are my comments to another post...

My Mac 15 inch MacBook Pro has dual boot capability for OS X and Windows XP. The Safari (default settings) appearance is poor with light grey background and smaller black font. Editing font is even smaller. I rate the Safari look and feel poor compared to the old version and there is the buggy software. One cannot get to the end post. When I click on the time, I get the top of the last page.

On the same computer / screen, Windows IE 8 is perfect. High contrast larger font with IE default setting and the jump to the last post works.

And of course there is that annoying logo in the bottom right hand corner.

I suspect that Bulletin V4 is optimized for IE Versions XX and above and BF was told that when they were going to make the switch. And the BF implementation team has to make selections of font / backgrounds that appear differently on difference displays and browsers including the version.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing I've noticed is that you can now attach photos from your hard drive via the "insert image" icon above the text box. You don't have to go the "go advanced" and "manage attachments" route. And I just now noticed that the "search for files" button is no longer invisible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    I think it was Tom Bomb who discovered that there is another list of attachments under "settings" that works for deleting, but only with IE, not Firefox.
    I have Safari so i'm guessing i'm toast on that,i've exhausted every trick trying to delete it.I'm not even sure how that jpg. even got there as i've not put any jpg's, pics. or anything like that on this forum since i joined..Just typing only.Oh well not a big deal i guess.Everything else seems to work for me,but definately more complicated.

My Bikes
    Lemond, Giant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you should mention tattoos. I got my first two in Sept. at age 71. I have a solid back lizard climbing up the inside of my right forearm and a solid black hammerhead shark on my right forearm. I just made an appointment for two more this coming Saturday. It's a good thing i didn't start younger I'd have been covered from head to toe by now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jemappelleric View Post
    Funny you should mention tattoos. I got my first two in Sept. at age 71. I have a solid back lizard climbing up the inside of my right forearm and a solid black hammerhead shark on my right forearm. I just made an appointment for two more this coming Saturday. It's a good thing i didn't start younger I'd have been covered from head to toe by now.
    Are you sure you are posting in the desired thread?