Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How To Post/New Board Problems

Well the tabbing thingy worked. Given that this has been a repetitive problem why not just put the clue on the heading?

Say, how about just reverting to an earlier release until this buggy thing is fixed. You probably have quite a list.

Isn't it amazing how the smile of being "on the cutting edge" turns to the frown of being cut by that edge?

Sorry for the large font. But the font rendition used to enter text has no apparent relation to the font selected. Another item for your fix list.
    Last edited by RonH; 11-23-09 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Trying to fix font rendition problem / mod edited font to check font problem

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and 2011 Felt Z4. :-)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just edited your post. There's no problem with the font thing as you'll note by the small (normal) size of the last line.

I think all of you folks having problems must be using Bill Gates "Tortureware" (Windows).
    I'm using a Mac and the Safari browser and am not having any problems.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2011 Felt Z4

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So your answer is for me to change browsers to suit your preferences? Since IE has the overwhelming share of the market and this is the only site I visit that doesn't seem to conform to the defacto standard it seems your site is what needs to change.

As for the font. When I made the original post the font displayed as I typed was not the font selected. Therefore I had no way of knowing just how my selected font was going to look when actually posted. Made no difference what font was selected what was displayed was the same very small font. So, yes, there is a font problem.

My Bikes
    2007 Trek Madone 5.0 WSD - 2007 Trek 4300 WSD - 2008 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    I just edited your post. There's no problem with the font thing as you'll note by the small (normal) size of the last line.

I think all of you folks having problems must be using Bill Gates "Tortureware" (Windows).
    I've always used Windows and had very little problems with it. It's probably used by a majority of your users. I realize many people don't like Bill Gates or Microsoft products but they seem to be the standard for many companies and individual users. It's a little upsetting to see a mod make these types of remarks when people are frustrated because the new software doesn't seem to be performing as well as the previous versions.

Good software works with all browsers. I worked for one of the largest online companies before I retired and we tested new software with all browsers.
    =============================================================
    My cancer updates:
    https://www.mylifeline.org/beverlyow...=myupdates.cfm

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    -- Antonio Smith

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post

My Mac has dual boot capability for OS X and Windows XP. The Safari (default settings) appearance is poor with light grey background and smaller black font. Editing font is even smaller. I rate the Safari look and feel poor compared to the old version and there is the buggy software. One cannot get to the end post. When I click on the time, I get the top of the last page.

On the same computer / screen, Windows IE 8 is perfect. High contrast larger font with IE default setting and the jump to the last post works.

And of course there is that annoying logo in the bottom right hand corner.

I suspect that Bulletin V4 is optimized for IE Versions XX and above and BF was told that when they were going to make the switch. And the BF implementation team has to make selections of font / backgrounds that appear differently on difference displays and browsers including the version.

For example, I could post pictures that would look better and larger on many displays but would be too big for some. IMO, it is very difficult to get everything right but..... that is the business of BF. Getting the communication medium right!

Saying that we now have the cutting edge is great if customer satisfaction tracks. It certainly appears that customers are not happy and the software was rolled out prematurely without sufficient testing on many computers and browsers.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You folks must have had much better previous experiences with software upgrades than I have had. If we are still having these kinds of problems a few weeks from now I'll be complaining, too. But I wouldn't expect this kind of upgrade to go without some glitches in the first few days.

I'm seeing this as lightweight pre-conditioning for when my company converts its management systems to SAP in the coming months. I have a feeling that ain't gonna be pretty.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    '03 Trek 7500, '08 Madone 4.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the new forum stuff works in IE (version 8) and some in Firefox. By using two different browsers I am able to get what I think might be full functionality. Right now, it's good enough for me to use, but I do hope the issues eventually get some attention.

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom has asked that technical issues or feedback be directed to the New Bikeforums Technical Issues Thread.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and 2011 Felt Z4. :-)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Latitude65 View Post
    As for the font. When I made the original post the font displayed as I typed was not the font selected. Therefore I had no way of knowing just how my selected font was going to look when actually posted. Made no difference what font was selected what was displayed was the same very small font. So, yes, there is a font problem.
    When I post a reply or start a new thread, I just start typing. I don't select a font size. I go with the default unless I want to make something really big.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2011 Felt Z4

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running Window 7 and Firefox and have had zero issues.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually. ©
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We are working on the issues, I promise y'all! The IE issue is at the very top of our list, too. There are quite a few others as well. It's a busy time right now for our tech people, I can tell ya.
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.

. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant