My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BF has sped up!

BF is a lot faster tonite! Hooray!
    To tell the truth the whole darned WWW is blazing fast since I installed a new cable modem to replace a ten-year-old one.
    RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My internet world sped up considerably when I dumped my 8 year old computer for a new overclocked 4 core/dual video card/whiz bang RAM version.

My Bikes
    Rans Rockst (Retro rocket) Rans Enduro Sport (Retro racket) Hase Kettweisel Tandem (redundent recumbent), Merin Bear Valley (The gopher).
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but.

I had my computer "tuned up" just at the time that BF was redone so I don't know whether the improved speed is better BF or my cleaned up computer.

I never started a lot of new threads, but it would be nice if I was able to do it if I wanted to.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I should feel privileged that BF allowed me to start a new thread.

The New BF - It's a Work in Progress!
    RANS V3 - Ti, RANS V-Rex - cromo, RANS Screamer - cromo

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I upgraded to the 10MB tier last year but saw only a small speed increase. In fact, I was only getting 4MB at my primary computer. I did upgrade my cable modem to one that was 10MB compatible.

A few months ago I had reason to suspect my Linksys router might be the problem. It was supposed to be able to handle higher speeds. I swapped it out for a D-Link router that gave rave reviews and BANG! everything got faster. I now get 10.7MB to my primary computer. I was surprised that a router would make that much difference.
    "Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen." Louis L'Amour

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
    I upgraded to the 10MB tier last year but saw only a small speed increase. In fact, I was only getting 4MB at my primary computer. I did upgrade my cable modem to one that was 10MB compatible.

A few months ago I had reason to suspect my Linksys router might be the problem. It was supposed to be able to handle higher speeds. I swapped it out for a D-Link router that gave rave reviews and BANG! everything got faster. I now get 10.7MB to my primary computer. I was surprised that a router would make that much difference.
    Good ol' Linkless strikes again. I bought a wireless router from them 4 years ago, only to have it drop the signal at least once every other day. If I had bought my current D-Link router first, I'd be ahead of the wireless internet learning curve by 2 years.

My Bikes
    Domane Project One, 6 series, Ui2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as i installed a flux capicitor my computer moves to the next thread when i just think about it without touching the keyboard!