Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will I be able to ride again any time soon?

We're having some remodeling done on our house, waiting for the county inspector, and having some old furniture picked up to sell at a consignment store, so someone has to be at home most of the time. If my wife goes to store or run errands, I have to stay home. If she stays home them I run the errands. This will be going on for a few weeks at least. Last Tuesday my wife said I should go riding. I replied that I didn't have time because we had to do a lot of rearranging and two rooms of furniture to move into the 3rd bedroom and living room so the remodeling could start in the other two bedrooms. We finally finished moving everything just before 10 PM. If I had gone riding we would have finished well after midnight.
    If the workers aren't here on Saturday or Sunday, maybe I can go riding, if I can climb over the piles to get to my cycling clothes.
    And no, riding the trainer isn't an option. There's no place to set it up except on the patio.

Maybe we should just buy a new house so the workers can take their time doing the remodeling and no one will be in our way.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The frustration days won't last forever. Your sense of responsibility is keeping your nose to the grindstone. That's a good thing.

Sometimes a good hard ride can get rid of frustration. If your wife encourages you to ride, she is sensing your frustration. Sometimes its good to say, Honey, I'll probably be a better man for it, thanks for thinking of me. Then be sure to give her one of her favorite "breaks" when you see her frustration rising.

I just finished some painting and flooring. It does get better. Taking the higher road will get you back on the bike with a clean conscience and a spouse that remembers your work. Bite the Bullet Wolfman, better days are coming.
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

My Bikes
    Alex Moulton Double Pylon, Surly Big Dummy, Alex Moulton GT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get in this bind but then I got a Surly Big Dummy, now I can run the errands and get some riding in. Amazing how much stuff these bikes will carry.

My Bikes
    Fuji Absolute 4.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daspydyr View Post
    Sometimes a good hard ride can get rid of frustration. If your wife encourages you to ride, she is sensing your frustration. Sometimes its good to say, Honey, I'll probably be a better man for it, thanks for thinking of me. Then be sure to give her one of her favorite "breaks" when you see her frustration rising.
    +1 on that bit.

take a break. all that work and no play makes for a very dull boy?

good luck with the house.

My Bikes
    '12 Salsa Casseroll...Pepé.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you live in Georgia where you can ride throughout the winter....
    "If there are no cigars in heaven, I shall not go." -Mark Twain

'12 Salsa Casseroll (Pepé)
    '09 Specialized Roubaix Elite (Black Stallion)
    '89 Puegeot Bordeaux (Big Blue)
    '08 Specialized Sirrus Comp (Shadow)
    '06 Trek Navigator 500 (The Beast)

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    . . . remodeling done on our house . . . Last Tuesday my wife said I should go riding.
    Kiss your wife and tell her how wonderful she is.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a couple of weeks till you cab get riding again is not a problem. Just time for the chain and freehub to have rusted up- The leather saddle to have gone rock solid. Cables to have got those frays on them and the C.F. frame to have fallen apart through the non use of the bike.

Hope you have budgeted for N+1 within the house remodelling.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles due west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought all the stuff last August to rebuild the drive train, replace all the cables, brake pads. etc. on my road bike. It's a cold rainy winter day project. At least I have place to do the work.
    I'm hoping to take the Kona out for a ride this weekend since the workers won't be here.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The painters finished the two bedrooms today. Next comes the master bathroom. So the house is still turned upside down. My socks are in a basket by the dryer. My shirts are in the living room closet. My jeans are ... hey, where are my jeans?
    But the saddest part of the whole remodeling mess is that my bikes were moved from their comfortable resting place in the spare bedroom. They have been in the very roomy laundry room for the past few weeks but were moved to the shed yesterday. They've gone from the lap of luxury to taking up residence with the lawnmower, rakes, and wheelbarrow in just a few short weeks. Now I'm afraid to ride. Both bikes are probably feeling rejected and totally pissed, so I'm sure I'll have a flat every time I go riding until they're moved back to their warm, cozy surroundings. Do I dare go riding?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcottay View Post
    Kiss your wife and tell her how wonderful she is.
    Depends on the context. When my wife say "you should go for a ride" it can be a nice thing, or just a nice way of saying " Get out of the house before I beat you with a frying pan".

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdon View Post
    Depends on the context. When my wife say "you should go for a ride" it can be a nice thing, or just a nice way of saying " Get out of the house before I beat you with a frying pan".
    Either way, you get a free pass to ride. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

His Brain is Gone! Tom Bombadil's Avatar
    My Bikes
    RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like hummus

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The remodeling is about 3/4 complete. I'm hoping the workers will be outta here by the end of the month (February). Because of all the stuff involved in romodeling, the weather, and two trips to Panama City Beach (when we had to be out of the house for a few days because the floors were being sanded and varnished), I've averaged a ride every 2 to 3 weeks.

But it's almost over and spring is on the way.

On Some Far Away Beach After the Season is Over...
    My Bikes
    A Home Built All Rounder, Bianchi 928, Specialized Langster, Dahon Folder
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Isometric exercise. Core strength.

or 12 oz. curls

Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride em COWBOY! Its good to hear that the house is nearing completion. Looks like a front is moving through your territory this weekend. But the worst has to be behind us. Get ready for the good times.
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

My Bikes
    Fuji Absolute 4.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of these days I'll be riding by your place on my commute when I'll see all these workers leaving and you getting on the bike for a ride. Soon! Hang in there.