Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, DeeGee, want to borrow some rain gear?

Just caught the CNN weather forecast for the west coast of the USA and they forecast a major storm for the whole area,so I was curious as to what this entailed. According to the Weather Channel the San Diego region can expect up to one to two inches of rain in twenty-four hours for that area. If I remember right that,if it occurs,will be almost a quarter of their average yearly rainfall in a single day.Sorta make me wish I had access to a local t.v. channel to catch the news response to such an abnormal weather occurence. Here that much rain is just a normal winter storm passing through. Anyhow, enjoy your ride tomorrow, DeeGee.
    Last edited by overthehillmedi; 12-06-09 at 11:32 PM.

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's a cubit?

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    What's a cubit?

Hmmm. Let's see. I used to know what a cubit was.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    forearm length..........end of elbow to tips of fingers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 - a dig it

2 x 2 - a square it

2 x 2 x 2 = a cube it
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 12-07-09 at 05:54 AM.
    Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone >> Gone

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah...bad storm...we'll make national news by afternoon. Almost 1/4" already! If it rains like this all day no doubt we'll see some celebrities house sliding down a hill. Although, I'm sure the fire areas are going to have some serious trouble.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    '13 Felt Z3, '08 Jamis Aurora Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    What's a cubit?
    Riiight!
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Banned.
    My Bikes
    Lapierre CF Sensium 400. Jamis Ventura Sport. Trek 800. Giant Cypress.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only rain gear we need in Southern California is a cell phone. There is always another day to ride. I rode with Metric Man Saturday just in case it rained today.

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Foster View Post
    The only rain gear we need in Southern California is a cell phone. There is always another day to ride. I rode with Metric Man Saturday just in case it rained today.
    That was a fun ride Bob...if it wasn't so cold, along with the rain, I might consider doing it today. A little mud might be fun...but the chill would be unbearable for these old bones.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually.
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
    Riiight!
    I've been good!

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just don't flash the Speedo at us.

Old Fogy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Home Depot sell gopherwood?

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    voo-pah, voo-pah, voo-pah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ?????????????????

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi View Post
    ?????????????????
    Several of the responses hearken back to a comedy record made by Bill Cosby in which he portrayed Noah during the time leading up to the floods. I believe BD's voo pah was (a rather good) imitation of the sound made while Noah was sawing wood.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88 View Post
    Several of the responses hearken back to a comedy record made by Bill Cosby in which he portrayed Noah during the time leading up to the floods. I believe BD's voo pah was (a rather good) imitation of the sound made while Noah was sawing wood.
    Insider information on totally US content ought to be made illegal

But The reason DG hasn't replied to this post is that he is still trying to get his boat above the flood level- just in case it sinks.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in Seattle, we've sent all the rain down to DG in San Diego. It has been dry for about 10 days, which is rare for us this time of year.

However, this morning I had my coldest commute ever -- 20 degrees when I pulled out of my garage, and the thermometer on my bike dipped to 19 degrees for awhile.

Funny thing is I was *way too hot;* I really over-dressed for the ride and when I reached down to get a badly needed drink of water after about 5 miles my water bottle was frozen shut. I stripped off some clothing but by time I got to work I was pretty hot.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Insider information on totally US content ought to be made illegal
    fyi
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bill-Cosby-F.../dp/B000002KA3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught a show on the boobtube a while back where they were honouring Mr.Cosby and showed some recordings of him when he was just starting out,they were as funny now as they were then. If only some of the "comedians"today would take some instructions from his routines and learn to be funny without the use of the vocabulary that they use today,their routines might be worth while to listen to.But that is just this grumpy old codgers opinion.

I need more cowbell. Digital Gee's Avatar
    My Bikes
    2012 Masi Evoluzione, 2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just come back to the 50+ Forum after a long absence. I've not been riding much lately, and for some time. I AM having fun, however, playing the part of Kris Kringle in a community theatre production of Miracle on 34th Street!

It IS raining today, cats, dogs, and a few other things! I've been getting my brain wrapped around getting back into cycling, but I do think I'll way a few days. I've put on some weight and lost a lot of conditioning. It will be almost like starting all over! So, I'm going to use the balance of December to break in again, and then set some goals for next year. I really miss the old days when I was riding three or four times a week.

So -- who stole my conditioning, and put all this weight on me when I wasn't looking???
    Visit my blog! The Leadership Almanac
    2012 Masi Evoluzione
    2009 Specialized Globe Vienna 2

Proud member of the original Club Tombay

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom, 1985 Univega Gran Turismo; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overthehillmedi View Post
    I caught a show on the boobtube a while back where they were honouring Mr.Cosby and showed some recordings of him when he was just starting out,they were as funny now as they were then. If only some of the "comedians"today would take some instructions from his routines and learn to be funny without the use of the vocabulary that they use today,their routines might be worth while to listen to.But that is just this grumpy old codgers opinion.
    I hate to sound like an old codger myself, but -- a few years ago we were taking a long car trip w/teen kids and my nephew, and we wanted something to break up the monotony. I bought a bunch of "clean" 60's comedy CD's -- Bill Cosby, Bob Newhart, Smothers Brothers, Tom Lehrer. Not all of it was a roaring success, but the kids did really enjoy the old Cosby stuff.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Gee View Post
    . I AM having fun, however, playing the part of Kris Kringle in a community theatre production of Miracle on 34th Street!

So -- who stole my conditioning, and put all this weight on me when I wasn't looking???
    You are too convincing- My kids still leave out the Brandy and Mince pies for Santa. I have lost conditioning and put on weight aswell.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan