Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    My Bikes
    ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, '09 Fiji Aloha 1.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post your Riding Goals for 2010!

Well, now that I've opened this Pandora's box, I guess I'm up. Subject to further consideration, here are my 2010 Goals.

1. Do more Charity Rides. 6 this year, I think We have the Joe DiMaggio Childrens Hosp ride in Feb, MS150, Frank Starke Ride, etc
    2. Do a Birthday Ride, for real this year (Jan 10th) Missed it last year cause I didn't start riding until Feb.
    3. Do a century at 20+ mph
    4. Do a 35mph sprint
    5. Try CycloCross - man, that looks like fun.
    6. Ride ~ 100 mi+ each week. (5,000+ this yr)

If I can think of any more ways to torture this tired old body, I'll post them later!
    BT
    '09 Motobecane Immortal Pro, with lollipops
    '09 Fuji Aloha 1.0 TT build. with lollipops
    '09 Lamborghini Viaggio Tandem
    '06 Mongoose Commuter
    '02 Diamondback Hybrid
    "Oh, to be 60 again!"

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...c/exercise.png

My Bikes
    Leader home built hardtail, Diamondback Response
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To ride.

oh, and to be around at the end of 2010 to post goals for 2011

My Bikes
    ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, '09 Fiji Aloha 1.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmaxx View Post
    To ride.

oh, and to be around at the end of 2010 to post goals for 2011
    Doh! I forgot that one.
    BT
    '06 Mongoose Commuter
    '02 Diamondback Hybrid
    "Oh, to be 60 again!"

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ride lots
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Trice Q; Volae Century; TT 3.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride, ride, ride. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. Repeat. And what maddmaxx said.
    George
    Laissez les bon temps rouler

My Bikes
    '13 Felt Z3, '08 Jamis Aurora Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much the same as my accomplishments for 2009, just to keep on riding as much as I possibly can (where have I heard that before? Hm)
    I'd like to do more miles in 2010 than 2009 and I've more each year than the year before but, mainly, any miles are good miles.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To push one pedal.

Then to push the other pedal.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The usual: Super Rando series, and a 1200k (this year, the Cascade 1200). And something a little different: I'm dedicating my Cascade 1200 ride to raising funds for Colegio La Esperanza, a project of a local non-profit: http://riseupinternational.com/wordpress/?page_id=7

SP
    Bend, OR

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To finish the Dairyland Dare in better shape than 2009.

Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    My Bikes
    A road bike for every purpose
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do more Long distance events. Use commuting miles to establish a fitness base.

tsl
    My Bikes
    '96 Litespeed Classic, '06 Trek Portland, '13 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering there are 23 cycling days left in the year, I'll keep working on 2009 a while, thanks. I don't finalize my goals until the last week of the year.
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the wife and I to start "road touring" with "overnighters or weekender" type road rides. We really want to get out on the road but with Jo being in the "change of life" (killer hot flashes), she's not strong enough for "group riding" so were going to very slowly work our way towards, "multi-day" tours, hopefully towards the end of Summer 2010!
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continue to commute to work and also ride whenever I feel like it.

Might road tour from San Jose to San Diego so I will have an excuse for N+1 getting a tour bike that can be left on the mainland for trips there.

My Bikes
    3Rensho, Merlin XL, Melton custom, Michael Johnson tandem, Look 481SL, Pedal Force RS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CB HI View Post
    Continue to commute to work and also ride whenever I feel like it.

Might road tour from San Jose to San Diego so I will have an excuse for N+1 getting a tour bike that can be left on the mainland for trips there.
    Hey, CB, with the airline gouging going on for bags and stuff, it makes total sense to leave a bike on the mainland; quite a few years ago I finally gave up and left a classic steel ride (w/ Campy NR & Stronglight) at my in-laws in HNL and I haven't regretted it a lick since. I'll be back to ride it again in exactly 2 weeks.

My only goal for next year is to put in more miles than this pathetic year that's coming to a close.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in California, there is a level of double century riding called "The Hall of Fame" and to get in, you have to have ridden 50 or more double centuries in California. So my goal for this year is to get in while I'm still 60.

Actually, I don't turn 60 until March, so I have all 2010 . . . except, the awards are given out the Sunday morning following the Knoxville Double, so I my real goal is to have 50 by then, or have the 2010 Knoxville Double be my 50th.

Okay, so as of right now, I have 42, and the doubles on my schedule for 2010 are:

Camino Real, Spring Solvang, Hemet, Devil Mountain, Davis, ,Eastern Sierra, Grand Tour and of course, Knoxville. Of those doubles, I've done all except Devil Mountain (which is brutally difficult with 18, 600 feet of climbing).

So, contingency plan here: If I DNF on Devil Mountain, I will try Central Coast (which I've never ridden before) with "only" 14,000 feet of climbing, instead. If I should happen to DNF on Central Coast too, I will plug in Mt. Tam, which I have done before, but which is also fairly brutal (we had over 17,000 feet of climbing on Mt. Tam last year).

I plan to do a lot of climbing rides to strengthen my vertical abilities, plus I have minor goals like the Palm Springs Century on a fixed gear and a week long tour with the Oregon Bike Ride folks.

Yeah, I know, you all think I'm crazy (except Dante who does these rides too) but as loyal readers know, I will fill you in as the season progresses in my long reports with far too much detail.

Rick / OCRR

PS: If you haven't ridden a double, set yourself a goal: Ride a Double Century! Then, when you've finished, you'll have great stories that none of your non-cycling friends will comprehend, . . . but at least you'll know I'm not crazy. Or . . . alternately, you'll be crazy too!

My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon (Vintage); Merckx MX Leader (Campy 10); Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB), Alex Singer (allrounder)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride RAMROD on my fixed gear

My Bikes
    Scattante CFR Elite road bike and Schwin mountain bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride to End of Pavement (those of you in the Phoenix east valley will understand what this is).
    Ride El Tour de Phoenix.
    Get a new bike!
    Ride STP in one day.
    Ride El Tour de Tuscon.
    Ride. Ride. Ride!
    -
    Kevin

My Bikes
    '08 Fuji Roubaix RC; '07 Schwinn Le Tour GS; '92 Diamond Back Ascent EX
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride more than 2009 (stayinf injury free would help with this a lot)

Keep commuting to work (over 70% for this year and hope to up that to at least 80% next year)

Convince wife to ride her age on her 50th B-day (this will be the toughest but I have a 50+ jersey stashed away for her as an incentive - may end up doing in k instead of m but that would be OK)

At least one overnight trip

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    Here in California, there is a level of double century riding called "The Hall of Fame" and to get in, you have to have ridden 50 or more double centuries in California. So my goal for this year is to get in while I'm still 60.

Actually, I don't turn 60 until March, so I have all 2010 . . . except, the awards are given out the Sunday morning following the Knoxville Double, so I my real goal is to have 50 by then, or have the 2010 Knoxville Double be my 50th.

Okay, so as of right now, I have 42, and the doubles on my schedule for 2010 are:

Camino Real, Spring Solvang, Hemet, Devil Mountain, Davis, ,Eastern Sierra, Grand Tour and of course, Knoxville. Of those doubles, I've done all except Devil Mountain (which is brutally difficult with 18, 600 feet of climbing).

So, contingency plan here: If I DNF on Devil Mountain, I will try Central Coast (which I've never ridden before) with "only" 14,000 feet of climbing, instead. If I should happen to DNF on Central Coast too, I will plug in Mt. Tam, which I have done before, but which is also fairly brutal (we had over 17,000 feet of climbing on Mt. Tam last year).

I plan to do a lot of climbing rides to strengthen my vertical abilities, plus I have minor goals like the Palm Springs Century on a fixed gear and a week long tour with the Oregon Bike Ride folks.

Yeah, I know, you all think I'm crazy (except Dante who does these rides too) but as loyal readers know, I will fill you in as the season progresses in my long reports with far too much detail.

Rick / OCRR

PS: If you haven't ridden a double, set yourself a goal: Ride a Double Century! Then, when you've finished, you'll have great stories that none of your non-cycling friends will comprehend, . . . but at least you'll know I'm not crazy. Or . . . alternately, you'll be crazy too!
    Rick/OCRR Double! 8^0 I bow to your awesomeness! I just did my first century last Sunday and was very happy with myself. Now I have a new challenge an a peak I don't know if I can reach. Awesome. Amazing. I'm dumbfounded.
    BT
    '06 Mongoose Commuter
    '02 Diamondback Hybrid
    "Oh, to be 60 again!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by t4mv View Post
    My only goal for next year is to put in more miles than this pathetic year that's coming to a close.
    Same with me.

My Bikes
    Waterford, Orbea, Giant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My big one is to do a 40K time trial in under one hour. This is gonna be tough...
    Wiggy wiggy scratch yo yo bang bang

My Bikes
    Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 Centuries on the tandem with my wife. Get our flat, no wind cruising speed up over 20 mph (yeah, I know that slow for a tandem, but we're old). Get strong enough to comfortably climb, albeit slowly, what our club calls grade 4 climbs. Continue to enjoy cycling!
    Rick T
    --------
    Volagi - Triple"ized" and Tubeless
    daVinci Joint Venture

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To get through the year in one piece. I've had 2 season ending injuries in the last 4 years. OUCH. I don't attribute the accidents to age, but suddenly I seem accident prone and I've been more careful than ever.

My Bikes
    2008 Specialized Allez Elite Compact, 1981 Raleigh Super Record 10-sp, Trek 4900 MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride both days of the MS 150 (this year, day one was rained out). Ride the Hotter 'n Hell Hundred. Really learn how to maintain and repair my bikes. Ride a greater variety of routes. Ride the whole year without falling -- not even once.
    2008 Specialized Allez Elite Compact
    1981 Raleigh Super Record
    Trek 4900 MTB
    My blog: "Bike Noob" http://bikenoob.wordpress.com

My Bikes
    Felt Z100 road bike and Schwinn Frontier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not thought about all my goals for 2010, but there is one in mind. Several years ago, I rode the Katy Trail in Missouri. Last year I did Ragbrai for the first time. Since I've ridden across Iowa, and most of Missouri, I think it's time to bike my home state (Arkansas). Thinking I'd like to take at least a week, pack my tent, and do a tour, solo if necessary. See some of the beauty of my home state.
    2011 Ride Across Arkansas:
    http://ozarkcyclingphotographer.blog...-arkansas.html

RAGBRAI 2009-Photos and narrative:
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/5329

My seven days on the Katy Trail in Missouri:
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/2094

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast