Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 12-08-09, 01:05 PM   #1
big john

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
My first thread on the new software

The box is in the middle of the screen, really hard to find. I read about it in one of the complaint threads.
I wanted to post about my ride Saturday and I put it in the "Did you ride today?" thread. At the risk of being redundant, I'll do it again.
Group I did the first climb with.

Lots of small climbs.

I like this one of me near the start.

And the profile.
big john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 01:07 PM   #2
big john

Bikes:
BF member TJKnight with his hands in the air. He is a great climber.

Tons of great food at the end.
Old 12-08-09, 01:35 PM   #3
Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Great stuff, I really enjoy those graphs. Papa needs a new Garmin toy for Christmas.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Daspydyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 01:45 PM   #4
alcanoe

Bikes:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What software is it? I have a Garmin Forerunner 305, but the only software I can download too is Training Center. No ability that I can find to print or send graphics.

Al
alcanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 01:53 PM   #5
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanoe View Post
What software is it? I have a Garmin Forerunner 305, but the only software I can download too is Training Center. No ability that I can find to print or send graphics.

Al

I print screen and copy into paste- then save.

Worried about that food at the end. No PIE but just that little amount for your group? Seems 100 miles would have warranted more. Even more worried about the weather. Must have been cool due to the long sleeves- but it does seem a bit bright- perhaps your camera was over exposing. It even turned the sky a funny colour for December.

Spike Milligan
stapfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-09, 02:17 PM   #6
big john

Bikes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanoe View Post

Al
I was referring to the new Bike Forums software. I've had a bit of trouble with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
I print screen and copy into paste- then save.

Worried about that food at the end. No PIE but just that little amount for your group? Seems 100 miles would have warranted more. Even more worried about the weather. Must have been cool due to the long sleeves- but it does seem a bit bright- perhaps your camera was over exposing. It even turned the sky a funny colour for December.
It was about 35 degrees at the start and warmed into the 40s. Problem was wind all day.
As to the food, it's the highlight of this ride. They feed us (about 90 riders) well on the ride, including hot soup at lunch, and then at the finish there was so much food they were asking us to take some home. Most of the food was Filipino style home cooked.
I had Adobo chicken on rice, pasta with meat sauce, curried vegetables, several empanadas, (small meat or vegetable pies), and some of those chicken skewers. No pie, but they had flan,(custard), with maple syrup! Also a pistachio pudding. A feast!

Here is a pic of the feed zone at the end. Those tables were covered with stoves, warmers, and serving trays.

Here is the volunteer group shot. These people worked hard to feed and keep track of us. They were always close if you had a flat or wanted a snack. This is truly the best supported group ride I've ever done.

Last edited by big john; 12-08-09 at 02:50 PM.