Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first thread on the new software

The box is in the middle of the screen, really hard to find. I read about it in one of the complaint threads.
    I wanted to post about my ride Saturday and I put it in the "Did you ride today?" thread. At the risk of being redundant, I'll do it again.
    Group I did the first climb with.

Lots of small climbs.

I like this one of me near the start.

And the profile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BF member TJKnight with his hands in the air. He is a great climber.

Tons of great food at the end.

Pedals, Paddles and Poles Daspydyr's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Scott Spark 20, Orbea Orca
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great stuff, I really enjoy those graphs. Papa needs a new Garmin toy for Christmas.
    I think its disgusting and terrible how people treat Lance Armstrong, especially after winning 7 Tour de France Titles while on drugs!

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What software is it? I have a Garmin Forerunner 305, but the only software I can download too is Training Center. No ability that I can find to print or send graphics.

Al

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alcanoe View Post
    What software is it? I have a Garmin Forerunner 305, but the only software I can download too is Training Center. No ability that I can find to print or send graphics.

Al

I print screen and copy into paste- then save.

Worried about that food at the end. No PIE but just that little amount for your group? Seems 100 miles would have warranted more. Even more worried about the weather. Must have been cool due to the long sleeves- but it does seem a bit bright- perhaps your camera was over exposing. It even turned the sky a funny colour for December.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alcanoe View Post

Al
    I was referring to the new Bike Forums software. I've had a bit of trouble with it.

Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    I print screen and copy into paste- then save.

Worried about that food at the end. No PIE but just that little amount for your group? Seems 100 miles would have warranted more. Even more worried about the weather. Must have been cool due to the long sleeves- but it does seem a bit bright- perhaps your camera was over exposing. It even turned the sky a funny colour for December.
    It was about 35 degrees at the start and warmed into the 40s. Problem was wind all day.
    As to the food, it's the highlight of this ride. They feed us (about 90 riders) well on the ride, including hot soup at lunch, and then at the finish there was so much food they were asking us to take some home. Most of the food was Filipino style home cooked.
    I had Adobo chicken on rice, pasta with meat sauce, curried vegetables, several empanadas, (small meat or vegetable pies), and some of those chicken skewers. No pie, but they had flan,(custard), with maple syrup! Also a pistachio pudding. A feast!

Here is a pic of the feed zone at the end. Those tables were covered with stoves, warmers, and serving trays.

Here is the volunteer group shot. These people worked hard to feed and keep track of us. They were always close if you had a flat or wanted a snack. This is truly the best supported group ride I've ever done.
    Last edited by big john; 12-08-09 at 01:50 PM.