Your temps?

Banned
    My Bikes
    Schwinn, Mercier Kilo TT, Mercier Galaxy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are having wind gusts up to 50mph this morning. My 160lbs is going to get tossed around like a rag doll. Temp is 34 wind chill around 17. It would be cool if I could catch a tail wind though!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reported -16F (new low record for this date) at the airport (DIA) and -31F at Maybell in western Colorado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently 19 in northwest AR with a bunch of wind. Supposed to get all the way up to 24 today, whoopee. Around 9 or 10 for tonight.

My Bikes
    Soma Saga, Univega Modo Vivre, Old Bianchi Sport SS (single speed)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 right now, will be about 16 today. no wind, but it makes for some brisk riding weather.
    Soma Saga, Bianchi single speed conversion
    Nishiki Cascade expedition conversion

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in the low 20's this morning. That's cold for Seattle.

My coldest commute to work the past two winters was 24 degrees; yesterday I rode in to work at 18 degrees.

However, I'm learning that dry and cold is more comfortable for riding than our typical winter weather, which is 37 degrees and raining.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upper 60s to lower 70s and very windy here today. Rained like crazy last night and this morning. Forecast is all over the place for the next week with highs ranging from 43 to 67 and lows from 33 to 46. Sun, rain, windy, calm, cool, warm...we'll have it all.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix Elite, Specialized Rockhopper, S E BM Flyer, Diamondback Drifter 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been blessed with 16" of snow in the past 24 hrs. and are currently experiencing 40 mph winds and a temp of 10 degrees with a wind chill of -12 . I think I'll pass on riding today.

My Bikes
    '79 Schwinn Varsity
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to irritate anyone.....ride in at 6:30am was at 70 degrees with 99% humidity......fog was at about 100ft max visibility....went by 3 fender benders, morons driving too fast for the visibility.

My Bikes
    Seven Ti Tandem, Blue T12 tri bike, 92 Paramount, 93 Schwinn Mesa MTB, Trek 520 tourer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was 60 degrees yesterday PM here in CenTx. I did 25miles with knee warmers and arm warmers as the temp dropped. This AM it was 25 and I wore an overcoat to my office, most unusual.
    Most economic fallacies derive from the tendency to assume that there is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.....Milton Friedman

Old Fogy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's officially 14 degrees here, looking for a forecast high of 17. My indoor/outdoor thermometer says 20 outside, 72 inside. I think I'll stay inside as much as possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading these post has, once again, reinforced in my mind the places that I don't want to consider as possible retirement communities. Having knees that will no longer permit skiing, and not liking other outdoor winter sports, all I can say is that winter sucks.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

My Bikes
    2009 Chris Boedeker custom, 1988 Tommasini Prestige, 2007 Bill Davidson custom; 1988 Specialized Stumpjumper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New record for me this morning - 16 degrees on my bike thermometer. I've ridden in colder weather, but this was my coldest commute to work ever. Yippee!

My Bikes
    Fuji Absolute 4.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that pretty well sums it up. Brrrr...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mid 60s here today but lots of wind. We're on that December temperature roller-coaster. Warm one day, cool the next. Snow flurries are predicted for Friday evening. I did get in a ride Sunday and the temp was 37. It was fine riding up the hill but coming down it was too cold. Windchill at 35mph is painful at those temps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    Reported -16F (new low record for this date) at the airport (DIA) and -31F at Maybell in western Colorado.
    Good thing nothing lives in Maybell, Co. Well maybe a cow or two.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 C in Bridgetown today. Always a shock to leave the NE area to come down and ride for a couple of days.

My Bikes
    Marinoni X4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdon View Post
    30 C in Bridgetown today. Always a shock to leave the NE area to come down and ride for a couple of days.
    Are you refering to the City of Bridgetown, the capital and largest city of the nation of Barbados?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ]snow3.JPGUK is still soggy. May get the start of the cooler weather this weekend but still no sign of the cold stuff.mtb3.jpg

But we had a bit of snow about 4 years ago- Expect to see the pics of tyre tracks across the Scenery now.

Sorry about the Extra pic but still playing with the new interface.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC View Post
    Good thing nothing lives in Maybell, Co. Well maybe a cow or two.
    It was near Maybell, about 46 years ago, that I shot my first (and last) deer!

There wasn't much there then, but I haven't been out that way in - well, - I guess about 46 years!!

Probably a lot of energy stuff, now, and it is right close to the Dinosaur National Monument!

Here is an update on Maybell:

Situated in the northwestern corner of Colorado, tiny Maybell watches the placid waters of the Yampa River flow by, 60 miles downstream from the town of Craig. This is rugged Colorado land, covered with hearty sage, cedar, juniper and ponderosa pines. Canyons carve through the landscape and you are just as likely to see elk and eagles as you are another human. The area's remoteness attracts residents and visitors alike, from the Wild Bunch outlaws in the 1860s to present-day birdwatchers and others just looking for a little solitude.

Maybell is a small ranching community with a school, restaurant, gas station and general store. If you are headed through on Highway 40, the Cowboy and Gunfighter Museum in Craig details this area's rough past.

About the same distance to the west lies Brown's Park National Wildlife Refuge, 13,500 acres of protected wetlands. Two hundred species of birds live here, including bald and golden eagles, as well as peregrine falcons. The park welcomes horseback riders, birdwatchers, sightseers and hikers year round. In areas like Maybell you'll find rugged beauty in one of nature's finest playgrounds. There isn't a great deal of amenities outside of Maybell, but there's plenty of room for adventure.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 12-09-09 at 12:49 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by duckbill View Post
    Are you refering to the City of Bridgetown, the capital and largest city of the nation of Barbados?
    Correct

My Bikes
    Marinoni X4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdon View Post
    Correct
    I hate you.

My Bikes
    Waterford 1200, Raleigh Record converted to a single speed.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -20 windchill here with a foot of snow and 35 to 50 mph winds. I have several 5ft to 10ft drifts just to get to my car. That's the yard, the road is about the same way.
    Dan in SW Iowa...
    life is lethal; none of us gets out alive!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, thanks a lot folks. I just ordered my Nokian Hakkapellita studded tires and should get them in a week. Now I say, BRING IT ON!
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may not be much for you in colder areas, but I had my coldest commute ever this morning: 29
    East SF Bay area.

Cold enough for me!
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast