User Tag List

Over 50, and not 2 tired UniGeezer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

28 months later...from "fat" to Fit!

This one is for fun!

I made this short video a while back, which was my humorous look at how and why I decided to take up extreme unicycling, back in 12/05. I was about to turn 50 in 1/06.

It shows me going from "fat" to fit with a little prodding from my "wife", lol. I chose the title to play off the movie of the same name, but at the time I had actually been riding for about 36 months. Now it's been almost 48 months. Time sure flies after you hit the big five-0!

Anyway, I was just having some fun with this lol! I hope you enjoy. The extreme riding montage come fast & furious after the opening bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iru0hBpJWIc

My Bikes
    06 Co-Motion Tandem, Fuji Team Pro mine,-Hers, Specialized Dolce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inspiring.
    Two blondes walked into a building-You think one of them would have seen it.
    2006 Co-Motion Roadster 2006 Fuji Team Pro, 2005 Specialized Dolce Comp, 2008 Orbea Diva (Red Riders Baby-"The Avocado")
    Custom Simonetti (thanks Steve)

'47
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too bad the little woman was off-screen. I'm sure she is both an inspiration and a delight. How much unicycling experience did you have prior to hitting the trail?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by '47 View Post
    Too bad the little woman was off-screen. I'm sure she is both an inspiration and a delight. How much unicycling experience did you have prior to hitting the trail?
    I got my first unicycle in about 1966. Learned to ride pretty quickly and got to where I could spin in a tight circle, go down curbs, ride backward and one-footed.

Then after taking it as far a the old technology go, I quit after about a year. it wasn't until 40 years later, in 12/05 that I took it up again, but soon found out just how far uni-technology had come in 4 decades! here's actual vintage footage of me riding back in '66 & '67! My dad still lives in the same house, only blocks from where I live now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3h6mqcGwG8
    Last edited by UniGeezer; 12-13-09 at 05:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgallagh View Post
    Inspiring.
    Thanks so much!

My Bikes
    Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Camero still around? Sweet
    I got a unicycle when I was a little kid as well, about the same age I guess you were looking at video, and learned in a day how to ride it. I gave it up and have never tried again.
    I could not imagine doing what you do on one now. Pretty cool what you do on one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kr32 View Post
    Is that Camero still around? Sweet
    I got a unicycle when I was a little kid as well, about the same age I guess you were looking at video, and learned in a day how to ride it. I gave it up and have never tried again.
    I could not imagine doing what you do on one now. Pretty cool what you do on one.
    That camaro was my Dad's "demo" since he worked for Chevy back then. He would get a new car every year but they were demos so he didn't own them. Great to hear from another fellow uni-rider from last century as well, lol! You should try to ride again--you never what you can do 'till you try. If you took to it that fast as a kid, as I did, then you should be able to get right back on. It's like a bike in the way that once you learn to ride, you never really forget!

My Bikes
    confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I didn't know your age I would think you are like one of those annoying kids on skate boards jumping and crashing in public places. Nice job.
    oldschool areodynamic brick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allegheny Jet View Post
    If I didn't know your age I would think you are like one of those annoying kids on skate boards jumping and crashing in public places. Nice job.
    Haha thanks. When I ride I don't feel like I'm almost 54..whatever that is, lol. To me it's just a number anyway. I ride because it's just so dang fun and it makes me feel alive so I just keep at it,