Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Burr's Wonderful Rides. (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/617176-burrs-wonderful-rides.html)

Burr 01-23-10 08:17 PM

Burr's Wonderful Rides.

Great Ride, I was floating to Groove electric Drum-nation. Hated to stop

1/23/2010
Bike: Road
Route: MMP
Dist: 20m Time: 1:45 Avg. Cad: 75
Avg. Speed: 13.33mph Pace: 4:30 mile Max Speed: 20mph
26 foot climbs 2-mile course.

Drink Gatorade

Big Red Apple after ride.

Burr 01-25-10 08:33 PM

Route MMP
Dist 20miles Time 1:32 Avg. Cad 80
Avg. Speed 13.04 Pace 4.36 miles Max. Speed 15

Beverly 01-25-10 10:18 PM

I would love to have some decent weather to take a few rides like these:)

Burr 02-08-10 09:57 PM

Great 20 mile ride HR Max 132 Avg. 123.

Avg. speed 13.333 max spd 17mph

Great ride feel good temp 88f.

Burr 02-21-10 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nice Monday workout in the gym.

Rode my city bike 10 miles to the gym. Very fast pace and "I Looked Good"

Burr 02-23-10 09:46 PM

Happy Wednesday

Pipe Twist, Yoga, Balance & Spine Twist

Crunches 4 x 50

Biceps Tri-set:

EZ Bar Bic’s Curls wide grip 4x14 #35 Very Slow
EZ Bar Bic’s Curls Rev Grip 4x14 #35 Very Slow
EZ Bar Bic’s Curls Close Grip 4x14 #35 Very slow

And The Killer:
EZ Bar Preacher Curls 4x14 #35 Very Slow

Triceps Tri-sets

Triceps Pushdowns Rev Grip 4x14 #75 Slowly
Triceps Pushdowns Wide Grip 4x14 #75 Slowly
Triceps Pushdowns Neutral Grip 4x14 # 75 Slowly

Super Sets, Lower Body
Leg Curls, single leg 4x14 #45
Leg Ext, single leg 4x14 #45

Belted and wrapped knees
Barbell Deadlift 4x10 #135
Barbell Squat 4x5 #145
Leg Press Machine 4x10 #500

Hey. What a great day! Nice high-speed bike ride to the gym, 10 miles. You should see the look on the face on these tricycle drivers when I scream pass them I pass cars also. I don’t care I’m going to the gym, get out of the way.

Had a great workout, didn’t say a work until I was finished then had my great ride home after leg day, a little slower then the ride going there.

I was fueled by oats, nutra-sweet, raisins and Saigon Cinnamon . Fixing to have brown rice, tuna fish, onion, and egg for lunch.

I’m a happy old man, going to get another wall sanded and ready for paint today. May cycle back to the hardware store and see if they have a broken bag of cement I can use for patching nail holes in blocks.

I stay busy, do or die.

Cone Wrench 02-24-10 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Burr (Post 10443396)
I don’t care I’m going to the gym, get out of the way.

Words to live by.

Burr 04-06-10 04:49 AM

Cardio Day,

Great 20-mile ride.

20 miles, 1:45 minutes, avg sped 11.46

Just coming back after three weeks being sickly with the flu.
BP went way up Sunday to 176/80 so worked hard to keep my HR around 125 today until I get in better shape again. Last ride I had to work to get my heart rate up to 130.

BP after ride (right now 146/75/81 temp is 93.6 @ 10:30am.

I’ll do better Thursday.

Cone Wrench 04-06-10 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Beverly (Post 10318585)
I would love to have some decent weather to take a few rides like these:)

What? And collect a whole lot of numbers and statistics. Sounds like fun. But I do understand your desire for good weather.

BlazingPedals 04-06-10 11:31 AM

Saturday I did 41 miles with my regular group. Wind was ferocious; 20-30 mph. I promised myself I'd stay in the 39T ring, under the guise of taking it easy for the first few hundred miles (this one got me over 100 for the year.) That meant I lost both sign sprints. The group was pretty slow, only doing 15-17 mph on thefirst half of the ride. I hung well off the back or went off the front, because I wanted to feel the wind. On the first sprint, one of the guys jumped off the back of the group as I was loafing out in front. I got caught in my 39/15 and couldn't spin fast enough to maintain 30 in the crosswind sprint. Tailwind most of the way back. I was turning 125 rpm, riding at just over 30 mph, in dead calm. Unfortunately, that's as fast as I could spin, so I lost the final sprint too. Overall, the slowest ride of the year so far: 16.7 mph average. The good thing was, I no sooner got home than the rain started. Ride = dry, lawn work = 0! WooHoo!

Burr 04-06-10 08:13 PM

Went to the Dermatologist yesterday!

After a life in the sun it’s time for the long sleeve white shirts.

I got lots of nice red spots so I accept it’s time.

Wife can go get me a dozen of cheap white shirts Friday when she goes to town.

Burr 06-08-10 10:45 PM

Off Day Ride,

After doing my weight lifting routine I did a 14 mile city ride between trucks and cars, people cussing throwing cigarettes butts out of windows and baby dippers.

Great ride but I was a tired when I got home and my arms were falling off.
Used my city bike, mountain bike with 1” slicks. Made five stops alone the way and spent three hours all together.

Ready and primed for tomorrow real ride.

Schwinn GS721840 City Bike
REI Randonee 99E423 Touring Bike
Diamondback Expert T6T 04517 Road Bike

Burr 12-20-10 04:56 AM

I lost 9 kidney stones in 14 months, thank you very much. Eating tree leaves!

Fine out about the blood tomorrow.

Still have the Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and I don't know how to fix it yet!

Wife's stuff not looking good, know more tomorrow
--

I'll start trying keep my rides up to date! I'll try

Burr 02-07-11 10:02 PM

Great Ride Today,
No music, just the wonderful sound of the wind in my ears.
Full Sunshine, temp. about 90f
20 miles on a two mile loop, 75 rpm’s about 17mph.
New Polar CS200cad coming tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. It will sure make the bike go faster and I’ll lots of things to play with while ride in to a wall for not looking.
Reward, Big Yellow Banana!
Thank You Lord.

Burr 03-27-11 11:12 PM

Found out why I’ve been hurting so much!
I got Diabetic Neuropathy!
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dia...opathy/DS01045

BUT, that’s OK; I’ll work with it, around it or thought it. I will stay hard until the day I die.
I have all the special shoes that look like “duck feet” and what ever. So I’ll just keep going maybe a little different then before, may use the machine more often but I’ll stay hard!

scottogo 03-28-11 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Burr (Post 12421358)
Found out why I’ve been hurting so much!
I got Diabetic Neuropathy!
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/dia...opathy/DS01045

BUT, that’s OK; I’ll work with it, around it or thought it. I will stay hard until the day I die.
I have all the special shoes that look like “duck feet” and what ever. So I’ll just keep going maybe a little different then before, may use the machine more often but I’ll stay hard!

Hello! Sorry about your pain.

I'm trying these:
Alpha lipoic acid and Benfotiamine

Here are a couple exerpts:

Alpha Lipoic Acid and Peripheral Neuropathy

*Peripheral neuropathy is a condition characterized by pain and numbness in the hands and feet that occurs in patients with diabetes, nerve pressure (from abnormal bone growth or a tumor), vitamin deficiency, kidney or liver disease and alcoholism. Cancer treatment chemicals can also cause it and HIV patients are prone to it [source: Mayo Clinic].

More than 20 percent of diabetic patients develop peripheral neuropathy -- the leading cause of lower limb amputation. Oral and intravenous ALA is approved for use in Germany for treatment of diabetic neuropathy and in the U.S., research has shown that ALA may be helpful in treating nerve damage in diabetics and in cancer patients [source: American Cancer Society].

In a clinical trial, diabetic patients suffering from peripheral neuropathy who were given 200 mg of ALA intravenously for 21 days reported a reduction in pain. A larger study of diabetics with peripheral neuropathy who were injected with 600 mg of ALA a day for three weeks, followed by 12 weeks of oral supplements, also experienced relief [source: Larsen].

A small study in Austria found that more than half of the cancer patients who took ALA after getting the chemotherapy drug oxaliplatin reported an improvement in neuropathy symptoms [source: American Cancer Society]. The National Cancer Institute is currently conducting a phase-3 study on ALA's use in preventing peripheral neuropathy in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy treatment [source: Higdon, American Cancer Society].

http://health.howstuffworks.com/well...poic-acid5.htm

AND

Benfotiamine

European Supplement Protects
Against Diabetic Complications

Used for decades in Europe as a prescription medication, benfotiamine ameliorates the progression of diabetic nerve, kidney, and retinal damage, and relieves the painful symptoms of diabetic neuropathy.2-8 Diabetic neuropathy makes it difficult for nerves to carry messages to the brain and also impairs the function of the microvasculature (tiny blood vessels) in the extremities. The result of this pathological blood-vessel damage is numbness and painful tingling in the feet (and hands) that can eventually result in amputation of the lower extremities.

Benfotiamine acts through a novel mechanism, blocking the biochemical pathways by which high blood sugar damages cells throughout the body.8 Now available as a low-cost dietary supplement, benfotiamine can help diabetes sufferers protect their nerves, kidneys, eyes, blood vessels, and heart. Benfotiamine’s multifaceted effects in preventing dangerous diabetic complications make it an essential supplement for people with elevated blood sugar levels.

http://www.naturodoc.com/library/tre...bloodsugar.htm

Burr 07-05-11 04:07 AM

Great easy ride today, little wind and misting.
Enjoyed until the rain started. Got in 11 miles.
Avg. spd. 7.9, Avg. HR 111, RPM’s 57
Just a nice ride

Burr 09-26-11 06:13 AM

OK, We are going to be hit big time tonight and tomorrow. The storm is bigger than the island so we are going to get wet.
We are on the good side right now if it doesn't move further south. All we should get is a lot of rain, lots of rain!
We should be OK, we have most everything we need, water, food, propane and a DC fan plus a generator that we can run every 50 hours for the Refrigerator and charge the battery for the fan and even the AC for an hour or so. No need to waste the amp's.
I do have a great wireless cell type DSL Network and laptop so I may be able to get out if the power is off but the cell tower has power.

OK, you know where, what when and how so take care and we'll see what happens. I also have a 4x4 pickup. Maybe nothing will happen and it will all be for nothing.

Burr

Burr 01-03-12 03:06 AM

Tuesday and Thursday Pilates Workout.
Pilates:
Warm Up:
Arm Crosses, Shoulder Circles, Arm Sweeps, Walking Through the Feet, Standing Balance and Relaxation.
Mobility:
Rolling Down the Spine, One Leg circles, The Shoulder Bridge
Abdominal & Back:
Rolling Back, The Roll-up, The Hundred, The Swimming, One Leg Stretch, Leg Pull Prone, The Side-Kick, The Side-Squeeze & The Side Bend
Stretches:
Spine Stretch, Spine Twist, Lower Back Stretch
Cycling at MMP:
Then Cycle 20 miles at MMP with heart rate about 100 bps

Dudelsack 01-03-12 08:40 AM

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...A/cfa193d4.jpg
Sorry, but in the name of neutrality I have to call you on the signature line. Many would find it offensive.

Pictures of your locale would enhance this thread.

Burr 01-03-12 08:47 AM

What Part?

You may want to check your Bible if you have one!

Dudelsack 01-03-12 11:46 AM

1. I'm not a mod, and I have no controlling legal authority. My wife doesn't allow me even to get on BF. She's out of town right now.
2. I don't need to open up my Bible. I already know the passage. Nothing gets people labeled Elmer Gantry quicker than this stuff.
3. I hate political signature lines because most of them are dumb and most of their posters are smug.
4. You really don't want to see a lot of Re-elect Obama signature lines sprouting up now, would you?

Anyway, do what you will. Try to throw in some pictures so the thread is interesting.

BlazingPedals 01-03-12 12:00 PM

Meh, the thread is nothing but a personal blog put up on a public forum. I don't do blogs, so generally I stay out of the thread.

Burr 02-20-12 09:15 PM

The Great Manila Memorial Park (Guiguinto, Bulacan)
Music: Beethoven
Bike: Road
Weather: Sunny, 90f

Miles: 20

HR:
Low: 115
Cruising: 123
High: 138
Thoughts & Feelings:
Great ride on a two mile course. Very little wind.
Just a great ride!!

Burr 12-24-12 05:55 AM

Merry Christmas from tomorrow.

Tell me why??

We had my birthday party at Shakeys and we bought home enough food to feed a small Army and yet MY WIFE has been in the kitchen cooking all afternoon, Why?