Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No 5-6 hour rides this weekend!!

Unless the sun comes out and melts this blanket of snow and now sleet. I'm not Will D that can ride a trainer for that long either..........at least we've avoided the stuff sticking to trees. Sounds like BikeWNC might have gotten a little harsher version though.

How am I ever going to get back into riding shape??? Global warming strikes again..........
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    studded touring tires will get you back on the road. I've been riding 1 - 2 days a week since November. it's not a lot but it's something you know?
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week on the Outer Banks was beautiful. Today we have a couple of inches of some white stuff that we're not very use to seeing around here.

My Bikes
    Fuji Nevada 3.0/ Giant Sedona DX/Giant Defy 3/ Corsa with a tall seat post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    Unless the sun comes out and melts this blanket of snow and now sleet. I'm not Will D that can ride a trainer for that long either..........at least we've avoided the stuff sticking to trees. Sounds like BikeWNC might have gotten a little harsher version though.

How am I ever going to get back into riding shape??? Global warming strikes again..........
    I am a little east of him, I think. We got about 6-7 inches. It has stopped for the present. I might get in 2 hours of shovel work later today
    mike
    2008 Giant Sedona DX + Anenir trailer
    2007 Corsa with a tall seat post--for sale
    2010 Giant Rincon......ROX
    2011 Giant Revel 0

My Bikes
    Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Gunnar Crosshairs, De Bernardi SL
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm just 10 miles shy of 600 miles for January, so I am thinking about getting out on my mountain bike. I rarely ever ride it and the tires are flat, but it's got knobbies and should do fine in the snow/sleet. Last weekend it was looking like topping 600 would be a piece of cake but the snowstorm threw a wrinkle in my plans. I've never topped 600 in January before, largely due to weather.

We had probably 4" of snow on the ground when I woke up about 6 am, but it soon turned to sleet. The sleet has been coming down hard at times but just seems to pack down the snow. It will take a while to melt based on previous sleet storms we have had and the forecast for chilly temps the next couple of days.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tarwheel View Post
    I'm just 10 miles shy of 600 miles for January, so I am thinking about getting out on my mountain bike. I rarely ever ride it and the tires are flat, but it's got knobbies and should do fine in the snow/sleet. Last weekend it was looking like topping 600 would be a piece of cake but the snowstorm threw a wrinkle in my plans. I've never topped 600 in January before, largely due to weather.

We had probably 4" of snow on the ground when I woke up about 6 am, but it soon turned to sleet. The sleet has been coming down hard at times but just seems to pack down the snow. It will take a while to melt based on previous sleet storms we have had and the forecast for chilly temps the next couple of days.
    Precip tapering here so look for a total of about 5-6 hours of sleet.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad we don't have the frozen stuff down this far. Cold, windy and rainy today, but tomorrow looks good for the 50 mile ride I'm planning.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have millimeters and millimeters of snow and ice here just south of the Charlotte beltway, but the hysterics of the local TV news/weather children earlier in the week convinced me to get out Thursday for 40+ so I could get over 600 for January. We should be back on the road Tues or Weds, don't you think???

Hey Joe, let's do a century in February........
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry- the snow will melt and then get ready and start collecting everything in two's.

Snow has threatened this week but all we have is wet roads. Just ideal for 6am commutes to work with 25degF temps.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Waterford RST-22, Bob Jackson World Tour, Ritchey Breakaway Cross, Gunnar Crosshairs, De Bernardi SL
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, I tried riding and didn't get very far. Even with knobbies on my mountain bike, the wheels kept spinning and I wasn't getting anywhere. Then I fell over trying to turn, and decided it wasn't worth getting injured over. Sleet is different than snow, and much slippier. So I went for a long hike instead.
    Attached Images Attached Images