Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jamis Xenith Race vs Cannondale Cyclocross

Hello everyone,

I am considering purchasing a 2008 Jamis Xenith carbon race, does anyone have any knowledge or experience with this bike? I have a 2006 Cannondale Optimo cyclocross bike that I have been using for my road bike the last 3 years, doing approximately 2000 miles a year. Just looking to shed a few pounds (as it weighs 25 lbs) and be a little faster for possibly a few fun races and longer rides. I am also considering converting the Cannondale into a touring bike and also use it in the trainer in the winter.
    I also have a 2009 Gary Fisher Paragon as my mountain bike.

Thanks for the input

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Jamis Xenith is a great bike. It is, however, a bike designed for competition. If you're looking for a fast, responsive ride these are a great deal Can you get to test ride one?l
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have test rode it, it is owned/riden by the local Jamis dealer. They have spent a great deal of time sitting it up to fit me. It was riden by them approx. 800 miles and now are selling it for $1700. Being that it is a carbon frame and has dura-ace & ultegra drive train I thought that it is a decent deal. I guess that I was looking for some feedback to convince myself that I wasn't being rediculus in wanting this bike. I am 55 and trying to improve my fitness level as well as speed and endurance, the last 3 years I have been riding the Cannondale cyclocross as a road bike in conjunction with the Gary fisher mountain bike. I am considering either selling the cyclocross or converting it into a touring/work commuter bike. Suggestions?? Is this being rediculus?

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If buying a better bike is ridiculous, you'll have plenty of company here. If you like it and can afford it, go for it.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, '09 Fiji Aloha 1.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdarcherman View Post
    Yes I have test rode it, it is owned/riden by the local Jamis dealer. They have spent a great deal of time sitting it up to fit me. It was riden by them approx. 800 miles and now are selling it for $1700. Being that it is a carbon frame and has dura-ace & ultegra drive train I thought that it is a decent deal. I guess that I was looking for some feedback to convince myself that I wasn't being rediculus in wanting this bike. I am 55 and trying to improve my fitness level as well as speed and endurance, the last 3 years I have been riding the Cannondale cyclocross as a road bike in conjunction with the Gary fisher mountain bike. I am considering either selling the cyclocross or converting it into a touring/work commuter bike. Suggestions?? Is this being rediculus?
    If you can afford it, do it! I so want a cyclo for off road/touring. And the Jamis deal sound great. Don't know the bike, but since it's fitted and you're happy it sounds perfect. It's kinda like shacking up with the girl of your dreams and finding out it working out!

You have my permission.
    BT
    '09 Motobecane Immortal Pro, with lollipops
    '09 Fuji Aloha 1.0 TT build. with lollipops
    '09 Lamborghini Viaggio Tandem
    '06 Mongoose Commuter
    '02 Diamondback Hybrid
    "Oh, to be 60 again!"

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...c/exercise.png