Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fond memories...

While searching for the photo for the "Old Friend" thread I came across this and I felt compelled to post it. These are our twins about 18 years ago...they must have been barely three years old at the time. It's hard to believe that they're almost through college already.

We got them started pedaling early on, and it stuck with them. Oh yeah, the pedal cars are long gone.

Here's a pic from a few years later on a camping trip where we were joined by neighbors and friends. This is just part of the 14 bike group we had riding through the park that evening. Three of the kids are mine, as is one of the wives...

Anybody else wanna share some old family bike pics?
    Last edited by cranky old dude; 02-03-10 at 02:40 AM.

My Bikes
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly this seems to be the ONLY photo I have of family biking, I guess the few other's have got lost in the what seems like "millions" of moves we've had to do over the last 10 years!

That's my Son, Steven in I beleive 1985, packing up the bikes from a NORBA Novice MTB Race out of Fort Collins, CO. Mine was a Raliegh Mount Crested Butte Hardtail/Ridged and his was a 20 in. wheel'd Ross MTB. We had a LOT of FUN doing those races, ya we sucked big time but we always had a smile on our faces afterwards!
    Take care, RIDE SAFE, have FUN!
    B.J. Ondo
    2011 Jamis Allegro 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe the timing of this. I've been spending the last day and a half scanning and filing old photos.
    Here is one of my son and I in 1991.

We had just finished cutting that piece of wood he's holding off the end of a log
    with a 2 man crosscut saw at the local maple syrup festival.
    I still have that piece of wood here somewhere.
    Here we are with his daughter last year.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Burkhart; 02-03-10 at 11:57 AM.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only took up cycling again in 1990 and not many photos till I got the Digital camera.

But I did manage to get my youngest daughter out on a mountain bike up on the hills. She was only 15 and not into boyfriends but I reckon that if she had stayed offroading- she would have been pretty good at it. Eldest daughter never likes bikes. She only had one because all her friends had one.

But eldest daughters Last Boyfriend- now my son-in-law- is still riding. He admitted that he only rode to get in with me but after about 3 weeks- him and his mate turned up with respectable mountain bikes. S-I-L's bike only lasted a year before he broke the frame and when the warranty frame turned up- must have been in 94- He took over the Kona Explosif. I had my custom built lightweight rigid by then but I don't even have a single pic of that- On film or disc.

But the next generation is on the right track.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan