Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Senior Member SaiKaiTai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I am not liking 2010 a whole lot, so far

    By the last quarter of 2009, I was pretty much working from home every day. My dog loved it.
    So did I; I got to go out for a ride during lunch every day, if I so desired.
    I knew it wouldn't last. It didn't
    Now, I have to come in 3 days a week and work from home Monday and Friday.
    I usually would take Friday as an off day and go out on Saturday and, now, I have to go out at night if want to go out at all. Unfortunately, I have band practice and I'm working on a CD so my evenings out on a bike are rare rare rare. My miles are WAY down so far this year.
    It's funny how the body learns to need things like bike time.
    My body is unhappy.
    So am I.
    Feh!
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

  2. #2
    Senior Member SaiKaiTai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I know I'm just whining.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

  3. #3
    Senior Member jdon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,195
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between an injury followed by pneumonia, I have been on my bike once since Dec 20. I know your pain!

  4. #4
    Email for new group DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Posts
    20,887
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With my extreme post-ride back pain, I have had very few rides. Hopefully, things are sort of under control, and if we have more 45F sunny days, I will get more rides in.
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

  5. #5
    Senior Member zonatandem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Posts
    10,042
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only have in 485 miles so far in 2010 (2/3/10).
    Must be gettin' old!?
    Have had some winter monsoon showers that have kept us from getting the tandem and single dirty.
    Just whining in Arizona . . .
    Pedal on TWOgether!
    Rudy and Kay/zonatandeem

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,793
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My riding days aren't down, but my distance is, and that sucks, too.

    My commutes were always the longer, scenic routes I would map out for the fun of it. Now, due both to the weather and an ankle injury, I've been forced to take the abysmally short and straight route to work.

    And my utility rides have all but disappeared.

  7. #7
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,280
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry it will get worse.
    George

  8. #8
    Senior Member NOS88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,430
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything goes in cycles. Your riding cycle will return if you want it. for now just ride when you can and enjoy those rides.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

  9. #9
    Senior Member miss kenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blueberry Capital of the WORLD, NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look on the bright side. Not many others have talent enough to produce a CD of their music. That is something exciting to look forward to.

  10. #10
    Banned. The Weak Link's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Post-partisan Paradise
    My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Posts
    4,936
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    January in the States sucks.

    February in the States like really sucks.

    Most of the time March sucks.

    Each week I have maybe three opportunities to ride. I've decided it has to be above 40 to make it at least somewhat fun. So I've two fun rides this year.

    Plus I'm experiencing what DnvrFox is: post ride back pain. That is totally demoralizing. Plus I have to listen to long lectures from my physical therapist that I need to see him before I develop foot drop and actually do his exercises at least every now and then.

    Plus he has a 99.9% chance of being a jerk whose only in it for the money, which makes the fact that he's right even more insufferable.

    So anyway, I feel your pain. And I really want to ride more.

    Maybe we should shame ourselves into action and visit Harry The Friendly Unicorn.

  11. #11
    Email for new group DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Posts
    20,887
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post
    January in the States sucks.

    February in the States like really sucks.

    Most of the time March sucks.

    Each week I have maybe three opportunities to ride. I've decided it has to be above 40 to make it at least somewhat fun. So I've two fun rides this year.

    Plus I'm experiencing what DnvrFox is: post ride back pain. That is totally demoralizing. Plus I have to listen to long lectures from my physical therapist that I need to see him before I develop foot drop and actually do his exercises at least every now and then.

    Plus he has a 99.9% chance of being a jerk whose only in it for the money, which makes the fact that he's right even more insufferable.

    So anyway, I feel your pain. And I really want to ride more.

    Maybe we should shame ourselves into action and visit Harry The Friendly Unicorn.
    I bought myself a Teeter Inversion Table. Lost about 90% of pain so far.
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

  12. #12
    Senior Member BlazingPedals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Middle of da Mitten
    My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Posts
    7,229
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    Look on the bright side. Not many others have talent enough to produce a CD of their music. That is something exciting to look forward to.
    That's not true. Making a CD is dead-simple. Even I could do it. Of course, nobody would buy the thing - not even me.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NW AR & Central LA
    Posts
    2,661
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work has been good so far in 2010, for which I am grateful, but the weather has been rotten, Snow, ice, rain

  14. #14
    Dharma Dog lhbernhardt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    My Bikes
    Rodriguez Shiftless street fixie with S&S couplers, Kuwahara tandem, Trek carbon, Dolan track
    Posts
    2,065
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vancouver is having a very mild winter. Bad for the Olympics, but good for cycling. I've got over 1,700 kilometers on the road fixie since Jan 1, and another 300 km on the track, as of Feb. 3. I have already replaced a chain, two tires, and a set of brake pads, but all had been installed late last year. Usually, Jan and Feb have some snow on the streets, but temperatures have been around 8 deg C for the past month or so.

    L.

  15. #15
    Senior Member SaiKaiTai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    Look on the bright side. Not many others have talent enough to produce a CD of their music. That is something exciting to look forward to.
    Well, you haven't heard me play or sing so who knows about the "talent" part, really?

    But, yeah, it's a thrill... it's something I've wanted to do for a long, long time and -as a favor to an old, close friend- it seemed like the time to do it.
    Hearing your own songs come together *is* exciting.
    And... I'm sure you'll all be down for a copy when it's finished
    Last edited by SaiKaiTai; 02-03-10 at 11:39 PM. Reason: formatting
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

  16. #16
    Email for new group DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Posts
    20,887
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My group, the XY Zingers, will - all things being a go - be cutting our first CD February 11th.
    Almost gone from the 50+ forum. - Email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for another fun new group of 50+ folks

  17. #17
    Senior Member miss kenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blueberry Capital of the WORLD, NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
    Well, you haven't heard me play or sing so who knows about the "talent" part, really?

    But, yeah, it's a thrill... it's something I've wanted to do for a long, long time and -as a favor to an old, close friend- it seemed like the time to do it.
    Hearing your own songs come together *is* exciting.
    And... I'm sure you'll all be down for a copy when it's finished
    I'll give you my vote of confidence and buy one of your CDs when it is released....providing there are a few selections upbeat enough to listen to on my Ipod while I ride!

  18. #18
    Senior Member SaiKaiTai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    I'll give you my vote of confidence and buy one of your CDs when it is released....providing there are a few selections upbeat enough to listen to on my Ipod while I ride!
    Oh, sure, there are at least a couple... Big Rock, 10 Transistor Jade and, maybe, Baked Tomato might qualify.
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    My Bikes
    Rocky Mountain Solo, Specialised Sirrus Triple (quick road tourer), Santana Arriva Tandem
    Posts
    1,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
    Oh, sure, there are at least a couple... Big Rock, 10 Transistor Jade and, maybe, Baked Tomato might qualify.
    I'm in, tell me how to get one

    And how to find you play if we (as we hope) tandem up from house maintenance in Santa Cruz this coming summer. A bit beyond Davenport and turn right, yes?

  20. #20
    Senior Member miss kenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blueberry Capital of the WORLD, NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There you go! Your music is on its way to national and international exposure!

    SaiKaiTai;10359642]Well, you haven't heard me play or sing so who knows about the "talent" part, really?
    As far as talent goes, If Sammy Johns could have a #5 hit on the billboard charts (1973) with the insufferable "Chevy Van", what are you worried about talent for?

  21. #21
    Senior Member jedde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mentor, Ohio
    My Bikes
    Jamis: '05 Quest and '08 Xenith Comp
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaiKaiTai View Post
    Oh, sure, there are at least a couple... Big Rock, 10 Transistor Jade and, maybe, Baked Tomato PIE might qualify.
    fixed.

    You gotta do somethin with "pie" in it.
    I'd like to hear your tunes. Do you have anything up on myspace, soundclick, itunes etc?
    CDs are so 90's...

  22. #22
    Senior Member SaiKaiTai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wobblyoldgeezer View Post
    I'm in, tell me how to get one

    And how to find you play if we (as we hope) tandem up from house maintenance in Santa Cruz this coming summer. A bit beyond Davenport and turn right, yes?
    Well, we (my band) do play at the San Gregorio General Store the 3rd Saturday of each month (we'll be there on 2/20).
    One problem, maybe, is that we are the "Brunch Gig", playing 11AM-1PM. It's a great place to see us.

    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    There you go! Your music is on its way to national and international exposure!
    As far as talent goes, If Sammy Johns could have a #5 hit on the billboard charts (1973) with the insufferable "Chevy Van", what are you worried about talent for?
    Wow... International Star at 57. Who knew? Truthfully, I do have some belief in my talents and I've written some good, if idiosyncratic, stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by jedde View Post
    fixed.

    You gotta do somethin with "pie" in it.
    I'd like to hear your tunes. Do you have anything up on myspace, soundclick, itunes etc?
    CDs are so 90's...
    Well, it's my first project so *I* don't have anything out there, to speak of.
    I won't qualify for iTunes, so that's out. I have a Facebook page but no music on it.
    My band has a website -I think the link is in my profile- and both of our CDs are there to be heard.
    Keep in mind that I am not going to sound like I do in the band. We've taken a whole different approach for my work.
    As for CDs being "so 90s"... yeah, I know but I'll be selling them at our gigs to start so that's how it is.
    Oh, hey! We do have some stuff on Youtube. A lot of band stuff which is of "OK" quality but, also, there are two tunes of mine there.
    Search for "Montara Mountain Boys" (we are *not* a bluegrass band).. my tunes are "Fool" and "Funhouse"
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

  23. #23
    Senior Member miss kenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blueberry Capital of the WORLD, NJ
    My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Posts
    2,048
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a chance to watch some of the Youtube videos. They are great! Nice work. Your group seems to have quite a following. Best wishes for success in your venture! BTW, is that you in the black hat?

  24. #24
    Senior Member SaiKaiTai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,984
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss kenton View Post
    I had a chance to watch some of the Youtube videos. They are great! Nice work. Your group seems to have quite a following. Best wishes for success in your venture! BTW, is that you in the black hat?
    Why, thank you... glad you enjoyed it.
    Is that me in the black hat? I'm not sure which video(s) the black hat was in but it was probably me.
    Our singer sometimes also wears a black hat.
    But if it was a black hat playing guitar or dobro, yep, that's me
    '13 Felt Z3 - '08 Jamis Aurora Elite - ('07 Giant OCR C2)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •