Thread: Jasper Disaster

My Bikes
    2007 Tirreno Razza 2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jasper Disaster

I rode a route Saturday in Northern Arkansas called the Jasper Disaster. This is difficult in the summer and I must say that the climbs in February on my "winter" legs was beyond difficult. I can barely walk the day after.

We had temperatures in the high 40s for the ride. It reached the 50s later in the day after the ride. However, much of the route still had snow right to the edge of the roads. Very unusual for snow to stay on the ground this long in Arkansas.

However, it was great to take on a good tough ride this early. The promoters call this route the toughest organized ride in Arkansas and is held the first of May.

My legs may take a few days to recover. Is it a bad thing to work the body that hard this early?
    I started riding my bike to get healthy. Now I try to stay healthy so I can ride my bike.

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the long rides but after them I remember that there's a right way and a wrong way to do them. it's been a while - have you tried it again?
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many feet of climbing? Sounds like a good ride to me but why do they call it a disaster?

Probably it was good for you if you didn't over-do it.

Rick / OCRR