Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

been a long winter

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

been a long winter

Old 03-21-10, 10:27 AM

Bikes: lotus classique ,haro mirra pro,gary fisher mtb 1980's, trek T1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
been a long winter

Its been a long lazy winter. I haven't done much riding I am such a wuss when it gets cold.Started
back riding regular about 2 weeks ago with some 10 mi rides feels good to be back on the bike.
I am getting ready to ride to my mom and dads for a visit a 35 mi round trip my longest ride since oct.
LIFE IS GOOD
Old 03-22-10, 10:36 AM
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If cold weather riding bothers you then try layering up. Invest in some shoe covers, fleece tops to go under the jersey, and knickers or tights and full finger gloves and a fleece beenie or balaclava. You will find that your speed will drop but you can get a few more months in before the winter chases you off the roads. we will still have cold weather for another month up here and if I hadn't learned to ride in the cold I would only have a 5 month season.

Welcome back to the road.
Old 03-22-10, 07:23 PM

Bikes: lotus classique ,haro mirra pro,gary fisher mtb 1980's, trek T1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cyclinfool
If cold weather riding bothers you then try layering up. Invest in some shoe covers, fleece tops to go under the jersey, and knickers or tights and full finger gloves and a fleece beenie or balaclava. You will find that your speed will drop but you can get a few more months in before the winter chases you off the roads. we will still have cold weather for another month up here and if I hadn't learned to ride in the cold I would only have a 5 month season.

Welcome back to the road.
I have the clothes except for the shoes covers.I ride my motorcycles year round just seem to get lazy and don't ride the bicycle much. Maybe I will do better next winter. thanks