Bianchi Volpe 2006 Fuji Tahoe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a Miricle Tire

But close to it.

With the Vittoria Randonneur:
    I ran over a broken bottle this morning going to work. Not paying close attention to the road. I was looking over at the Missouri river.

I heard a crunch and immediately knew that I had run over a broken bottle. I have been able to dodge these but today no dice. I have been riding these tires for 3810 miles on roads cluttered with broken glass pot holes and a lot of salt and gravel etc. with no flats since Oct 2008. No flats in all that time. The tire and tube were toast. The sidewalls were cut in 2 places. I drove home at lunch and got a spare.

Below is a photo of the tire name and #'s

There is double shielding on the tire. This makes the tire a little heavy.

Have you taken into account the time it takes to fix a flat in the average speed you get with a tire? Anyway that is what I considered with these tires. They slow me down a little but I got tired in fixing flats on the road and then fixing the tube when I got home.

So the tire is no longer a miracle tire for me but I will stick with them.
    Last edited by cruzMOKS; 03-18-10 at 09:01 PM.
    Enjoy the ride.
    Bianchi Volpe 2006; Fuji Tahoe 1990

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no puncture proof. There is only puncture resistant.

I once dug a shard of glass the size of a small sword out of a Specialized Armadillo. Needless to say, it had gone flat too.

My Bikes
    Electra Townie 7D
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mich PR 2's and they have done plenty of miles. (4,000+) Had a couple of punctures- according to the tube- but the tread on the front was still good. But checked last Saturday and I had 5 x 6mm splits in the tyre. One of which was causing a bulge on the rubber. Didn't take a chance and bought a new tyre. Glad I did as I decided to investigate the bulge with a screwwdriver and the cut was through the carcase. Took the tyre off and internally it was damaged.

It was the same when I was mountain biking- but you get confidence in a tyre- Just hope the PR3's are as good as the PR2's
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes it does not matter what kind of tire you have-- I ran over a nail that after puncturing the tire went through my aluminum rim. It literally nailed my tire to the rim! However, once it was pulled out and a spare tube installed I was on my way.