Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Bikes
    Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest Loser on Bike Forums..

I am currious to whom else out there has had a signifigant weight loss (from diet & exercise) over a short period of time? Just leetings others know that with serious termination and self control it can be done. I have lost 90lbs and have gone from a 44 to a 32 pants size. I am 56 years old and had my mind set to give this a try and see it can be done. Why on earth do people need all those quack diets and all that crap? I am now 159lbs and feeling pretty bouncy.. !Anyone else want to chime in on your deal? Cheers, jerry
    Trek Fuel EX9.0 Trek Fuel EX9.5 Trek Equinox 9.9SSL TTX Trek Madone 6.9 Pro Red Project One, Trek Boone 7, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Carbon District

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job by you!

Not quite as much as you have dropped, but I went from 250 to 190, wearing tight 44's to loose 36" pants. The cold weather/snow has slowed my riding & I have put some back on, but this last week's weather has allowed me to get back out there! My goal before I turn 57 is 180# & I will do it this summer on my bike.

Biggest change for me was WHEN I was eating. Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince... It made a huge difference for me...plus smaller portions, of course!

My Bikes
    Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Great job by you!

Not quite as much as you have dropped, but I went from 250 to 190, wearing tight 44's to loose 36" pants. The cold weather/snow has slowed my riding & I have put some back on, but this last week's weather has allowed me to get back out there! My goal before I turn 57 is 180# & I will do it this summer on my bike.

Biggest change for me was WHEN I was eating. Breakfast like a King, lunch like a Prince... It made a huge difference for me...plus smaller portions, of course!
    I say anything is better then nothing at all. I was determined to shed some weight and had no idea how addicted i would become to a much more healthy life style. I have had to toss out every single piece of clothing except for shoes. Last year at this time if i tried to get into my bike riding bibs i bought recently, it would have only fit up to my ankles..! It is getting some use to seeing myself where you see something else besides lots of fat.. I pay so attention now what goes into my mouth and what the end results will be if i consume it. I need to now make sure i can maintain this level of interest. Cheers, Jerry in NW Ohio
    Trek Fuel EX9.0 Trek Fuel EX9.5 Trek Equinox 9.9SSL TTX Trek Madone 6.9 Pro Red Project One, Trek Boone 7, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Carbon District

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom Stormcrowe has dropped over 400 pounds! He's an administrator here.

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Great job!

Nothing to compare with that. I went from 215 to 202 in about six weeks. Now I've leveled out but may try to get down to 185 this quarter. We'll see.

I do feel better and it's a little easier to get up the hills these days

Have bike, will travel Barrettscv's Avatar
    My Bikes
    A road bike for every purpose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your weight loss!

I'm down from 248 to 205. Not a huge loss, but life-changing never-the-less.

Tom S. is a role model for all of us.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    Tom Stormcrowe has dropped over 400 pounds! He's an administrator here.
    WOW.. Now thats incredible and life saving. Sure glad i finally seen the light. Adds lots of pep to the step with tons of energy now..!

My Bikes
    Alex Moulton Double Pylon, Surly Big Dummy, Alex Moulton GT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you have to be careful not to lose too fast and do in bone and muscle mass along with the fat; so pay attention to % body fat although it can be difficult to measure. Reducing you % body fat is a more sensible goal than losing weight.
    The more you drive the less intelligent you are. - Tracy Walter as Miller in Repo Man.

My Bikes
    Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my mid 30's from 235 to 150, 5' 11"...Diet( major changes), exercise (mostly cycling), that "AH HAH!" moment...if I can, anyone can

My Bikes
    Surly LTH, Burley Duet, Trek 7300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from 240 to 180 over 6 months last year, going from a tight 38" waist to a loose 34", mostly through better food choices and a lot of cycling

My Bikes
    '70's Raleigh Gran Prix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from 209 back in 2005 down to 162 in the spring of 2009. It was mostly from running 7-10 times a week with mileage averaging in the 50+ miles a week at least.
    Also I switched to a diet soda and ate smaller meals and cut out the late night snacks. I also did some swimming and biking to get ready for a triathlon.
    Went back up to 187 due to the winter and a bad sprained ankle this year. But I'm back running now.
    I'm 6'3" and when I did my best running 20 years ago I was down to 154.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    225 to 165 here. Loving every minute of it.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much is to much and when should you stop? I am 5ft 10 and 1/2 inches and as of last Mondays weigh in I was 159.2 In the am here on the 22nd will be my weekly weigh in. When should i feel i have suceeded in sheding weight and start just maintaining. I dont want to be totally skin and bones. Went to Sears this last Friday and bought me my 1st 32 waist trousers since high school.. Would 158 be just about right? Thanks, Jerry

My Bikes
    2002 Trek 7300; 2004 Trek 1000; 2007 Trek pilot 5.0; 2008 Trek 1500; 1997 Bianchi Alloro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    222/40" waist to 154/32"waist in 17 weeks - 100% diet change and cycling. I have eliminated all white sugar, white flour, white everything pretty much...lots of protein and veggies on my plate at every meal. My eleventh grade weight...gotta love it.

Since the weight loss ~ 2 years ago I eat pretty much anything I want in moderation, run and cycle like a nut case (or so my sedentary co-workers say, haha) and haven't gained an ounce.

Life changing to say the least. My wife is still a little freaked out about it now and then. I'm not. Just loving life!

All of my "numbers" dropped miraculously, and my doctor told me I was the "poster boy for diet and exercise." Nice. I'll take it.

Neil_B
    I went from 400 to 242 at my lowest. Beverly can attest, since she remembers me from the usenet group alt.support.diet. Oh, and she also remembers my first learning to ride a bike at age 40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's amazing what diet and exercise can do. Keep up the good work, gang.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday the 22nd of March in NW Ohio. Was all anxious this am for my weekly Monday morning 5am weigh in. Went from 159.8 to 157.8 this week.. New weight now is 157.8 I am just estatic that you can do it.. I need to find my picture from last summer when i was in the 250 range... Wasnt very pretty...Dont think there is any more fat left on this lanky frame now ?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE on my Status. I am now approaching 3 years of being a "None Fatter".. We are at about 152 constantly from at about 265 in my hay day of Tripple Wendy's Baconators.. I try to ride every single day about 20 miles weather permitting. Still doing it on my trek district single speed.. I have not chimed in sometime so thought i would. Lots of people fall off the wagon as time passes but im sure persistant..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holding your target weight for three years is a greater accomplishment than the original weight loss. Congrats to you for a job well done.

For myself I've gone from 220 to 192 since April. Targeting the 160's so I figure I'm half way there.

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow - now this is a zombie thread.
    Congrats to you.

Looking back over the respondents to this thread is like looking back in time to some folks who just don't post anymore.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a huge loser, but my congratulations to those noted above.

I went from 180 in 2007 to 158 today; still trying to get to 155 and the closer I get the more difficult it becomes.

Wow, this thread was started in March of 2010!

Rick / OCRR

Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations are REALLY in order - to keep the weightoff 3 years - WOW!!
    Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very impressive, indeed.
    Have lost ten pounds over the last couple of years; thanks to cycling, have never been a really big guy, but every five pound bag of sugar I don't have to carry around makes cycling - and life in general - better.
    I have been called a Loser.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    235 to 160.

My Bikes
    Nothing amazing... cheap old 21 speed mtb
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Six months, 7000km, 105-85kg, 38-32 Inch waist. I should have done this years ago.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast