User Tag List

My Bikes
    lotus classique ,haro mirra pro,gary fisher mtb 1980's, trek T1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been a long winter

Its been a long lazy winter. I haven't done much riding I am such a wuss when it gets cold.Started
    back riding regular about 2 weeks ago with some 10 mi rides feels good to be back on the bike.
    I am getting ready to ride to my mom and dads for a visit a 35 mi round trip my longest ride since oct.
    LIFE IS GOOD

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If cold weather riding bothers you then try layering up. Invest in some shoe covers, fleece tops to go under the jersey, and knickers or tights and full finger gloves and a fleece beenie or balaclava. You will find that your speed will drop but you can get a few more months in before the winter chases you off the roads. we will still have cold weather for another month up here and if I hadn't learned to ride in the cold I would only have a 5 month season.

Welcome back to the road.
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    lotus classique ,haro mirra pro,gary fisher mtb 1980's, trek T1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    If cold weather riding bothers you then try layering up. Invest in some shoe covers, fleece tops to go under the jersey, and knickers or tights and full finger gloves and a fleece beenie or balaclava. You will find that your speed will drop but you can get a few more months in before the winter chases you off the roads. we will still have cold weather for another month up here and if I hadn't learned to ride in the cold I would only have a 5 month season.

Welcome back to the road.
    I have the clothes except for the shoes covers.I ride my motorcycles year round just seem to get lazy and don't ride the bicycle much. Maybe I will do better next winter. thanks