Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What gift can you share?

My brother composed this and sent it out to members of our bike club. I thought he did a really nice job and was worth posting:

What gift can you share?

Thirty-five year-old Mt Pleasant cyclist Adam Little became appreciated and loved by his friends for the way he shared his infectious smile and genuine kindness.

Adam died Wednesday morning after being struck by a hit and run driver during his cycling commute to work. His surviving family received condolences from much of the cycling community, including professionals Lance Armstrong and George Hincapie. Adam had spent the last few years climbing to the upper levels of local amateur racing, but his genuine, unassuming character matched and often over-shadowed his competitive accomplishments.

Although the driver has since been identified and charged, Adam's wife and two pre-school children have been cheated of a loving husband, father, and provider. The Gaston County Cyclists will look for an opportunity to reach out to Adam's loved ones.

But even in this tragedy, he has shared another extraordinary gift.
    Adam's heart now beats in a young boy, and in a few days another will regain the ability to see, because of Adam's organ donations. For his family and closest friends, the heartbreak will never go away, but Adam's gifts ensure that his legacy of sharing endures.
    Ride your Ride!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man what a heart breaker. If people don't start pulling there head out of the ass while driving, instead of all these distractions that they have is a crying shame. I can hear it now, Oh I'm sorry I didn't see him. I just turned my head for a second and there he was, or some other BS. Of course the person will walk, with a slap on the hand.
    My condolences to his family and friends.
    George