Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Cranky - I told you so... (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/631574-cranky-i-told-you-so.html)

cyclinfool 03-26-10 10:01 AM

Cranky - I told you so...

Winter came back to upstate - today we won't get out of the freezer and we had snow last night:notamused:.
Saturday the high is only supposed to hit 35 so I guess I'll dress out in full winter gear for my planned 30 mile ride. Sunday may hit 50 - a little better - maybe 40 miles with the first real climb of the season.

Cranky, you opened your big mouth too soon, and I should of bought that damn snow blower... :lol:

cranky old dude 03-26-10 11:55 AM

Silly Boy! You should live in Rochester!

It hasn't snowed here yet this month. In fact, we are on the verge of setting a 100+ year record for having a snowless March!

We are, however, in the midst of a 36 hr. cold snap...it's 28*F right now at 2 p.m. under clear skies. No bother as I'll still bike to work this evening.

In fact I was looking over my logs and where as I rode 76 miles in March of '09, I'm well over 300 already this March! It's been a good March in my little part of the world.

Counting my round trip commutes as two rides, one ride to work and the second being my ride home, my total rides this month have been 31 to date including a few recreational rides. The outdoor temps during those rides were:
35*
34*
37*
34*
34*
40*
43*
37*
48*
37*
44*
44*
42*
41*
43*
45*
49*
32*
51*
32*
28*
51*
60*
40*
60*
39*
43*
37*
51*
36*
41*
Todays commute will be in the 20's and in the morning the ride home will be in the teens.

I believe the average temp for the month is around eight degrees above normal.

I stand by my statement, it's being a great March. :D

cyclinfool 03-27-10 02:05 PM

Lenny,

I did get out today - full tights, shoe covers, silk under layer, fleece outer layer, balaclava and winter gloves. I think it was about 33. I got my 30 miles in. Tomorrow will be a little warmer but the dress out will be about the same. According to the training schedule tomorrow is supposed to be a push out to 40 miles but I think due to the cold I'll only do 28 but throw in an 1100' climb. I hate this time of year in the NE - skiing is over, it's still cold and mud & black fly season is just around the corner and I am still looking at 15 lbs of belly fat accumulated over the winter:notamused:

George 03-27-10 02:20 PM

You got to get out of there. That is no mans land.

cranky old dude 03-27-10 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by cyclinfool (Post 10585670)
Lenny,

I did get out today - full tights, shoe covers, silk under layer, fleece outer layer, balaclava and winter gloves. I think it was about 33. I got my 30 miles in. Tomorrow will be a little warmer but the dress out will be about the same. According to the training schedule tomorrow is supposed to be a push out to 40 miles but I think due to the cold I'll only do 28 but throw in an 1100' climb. I hate this time of year in the NE - skiing is over, it's still cold and mud & black fly season is just around the corner and I am still looking at 15 lbs of belly fat accumulated over the winter:notamused:

Dude! Get Bent!

Seriously, now that I ride mostly recumbents my belly fat has been reappropriated into an 'Aerobelly'! No worries now man! :recum:

cyclinfool 03-27-10 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by cranky old dude (Post 10585937)
Dude! Get Bent!

Seriously, now that I ride mostly recumbents my belly fat has been reappropriated into an 'Aerobelly'! No worries now man! :recum:

Lenny,

Been looking for one from "Lazy Boy" but this is as close as I have seen

http://www.nutsbike.com/wp-content/u...%E9%A2%982.bmp

It would make me feel like I never left my desk...

BTW - i know the belly fat is a problem when it starts slapping me in the face.