Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Live and Learn

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Live and Learn

I pretty much wear large sizes for cycling apparel in most manufacturers lines. I've had a pair of leg warmers for several years that are large but invariably they would wind up below my knees. I had the same issue with some knee warmers.

I know I have skinny legs so I tried some medium sized leg and knee warmers. They work perfectly! Both are just a shade shorter than I'd like and the leg warmers a hair tighter than what I'd prefer but they now stay in place. Life is good for now.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the same issues with bibs. I kept going by the charts they give when making an order and they were all ill fitting when I got them. One day I decided to call Velowear and asked if I could try there mediums. The legs were a little short, until I lost 8 pounds and what the stomach took up, it made the leg length just right.
    George

My Bikes
    Rans Rockst (Retro rocket) Rans Enduro Sport (Retro racket) Hase Kettweisel Tandem (redundent recumbent), Merin Bear Valley (The gopher).
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are making me feel bad. I've been gradually moving to larger sizes.

My Bikes
    1997 Specialized M2Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The meanings of "small," "medium," and "large" have changed along with the size of Americans.
    My Book: Drive, Ride, Repeat: The Mostly-True Account of a Cross-Country Car and Bicycle Adventure