0. Please tell us your age.
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
1990 Raliegh USA 420
2005 Trek 7500 (Hybrid)
Just ordered a new 2006 Trek Pilot 2.1 SPA Im told it wont be shipped to my dealer till end of OCT.
Im going nuts waiting.
2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Multiple less Irion from GNC
Saw Palmetto protate formula
S.A.M. e (I swear by this over the counter supliment taken in Europe for years, the only supliment
(I can say actually made a notible difference in the way I feel)
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Quit a bit... joints mostly. Mostly.
Just had a stress test on a tread mill which the doc said I did well on. Almost killed me!
4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
since childhood, but seriously in the 90's and again this year. switched to cycling because my knees
couldnt take the impact of jogging, or even fast walking anymore.
5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
15 to 20 mile rides mostly on bike paths here in my county. The paths join up all these duck ponds. Its actually quite nice.
6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
About twice a week, but I long to do more. I have logged almost 700 miles this year (keep track on a nice little wireless cylometer from Cateye.
7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
I do a little (very little) wieght training and some stretching and will be adding more soon.
Summary, cycling for me seems like the perfect exercise for me because the joints (knees) can
handle cycling but not much else.