Please tell us your age.
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
Trek 700 and waiting on Dahon Speed 7 to arrive.
2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Take prescription medicines and one aspirin a day.
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Not sure but I still could go the distance without pushing very hard.
4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
On and Off since a kid. Seriously biking within the last few years when weather is good.
5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
Pretty much touring with occasional sprints on paved bike trails when no one around and is safe. Most recorded distance I covered is 35 miles according to a GPS trip meter and with fastest speed of 20MPH .
6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
Usually ride during nice weather in spring, summer and fall. My ride total according to my record for 2006 400 + miles.
7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
I do walk and average about 5-6 miles a day, but have since been replaced with cycling this past few years. Walking is fairly good for the health but when the distance reach past 9 or 10 miles, I have skin chaffing between legs and develop sores and irritated skin. Walking for conditioning is a great way to get back into cycling.