1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
I have a Giant Sedona comfort bike that I got about a year ago, thinking about
trying to find something better for longer distnaces
2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
I am doing better now then I was in my 30s
4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
about 2 years... was going very strong until I was in a bike collision this spring
and got a broken elbow and wrist .. that slowed me down till recently.. hope
to get back to normal 1-2 rides a week soon.
5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
Mostly rides in the 25-65 mile range. Less then 20 does not feel like it was any kind of effort. I dont commute due to there being no reasonable way here without getting on 3 freeways.
6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage ?
2-4 times a month till I get back up to speed... last years milage was
around 1500. this year about 700 so far
7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
I walk every day, and hike with my girl friend on the weekends
Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??
51 as of August