Ah, my first post. I'm 63 years old and my wife… well I better not tell.
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
Currently my wife and I ride a couple of 2001 Mongoose Pro Titanium Triomphes mountain bikes for off road and use 1995 Mongoose Crossway 850 hybrids for rail trails. We just ordered replacements for the Crossways and in the next week or so we will be riding Giant Escape RX 0s. Looking for forward to it.
2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Not really, aspirin daily
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Well as many told me in my 40's it's all downhill from 50….. but 60 and counting. I am a CHF patient with an RF = 15% and on quite a few drugs and special diet. The good thing is I'm currently a class 1 so not in too bad shape.
4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
All my life, In fact two days after we got married in 72 my wife fell and broke her collar bone. But we still ride. Back in the day we did some bike camping on old touring bikes.
5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
Just keeping the joints moving. A couple of years ago, after retirement, we moved from our home in Maine to central Fl very close to a 46 mile paved rail trail. We try to ride on average 24 or so miles a day. Also we travel with our small motorhome to other trails throughout the states and Canada.
6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
Each day. Have been averaging between 4 and 6 k per mile after retirement. However this year we broke the 7 k mark on Christmas.
Bruce & Cilla