User Tag List

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evening Surprise

A few weeks back I posted a thread "look what the cat drug in".

Last week I cleaned up the Trek single track, put on new tires, brakes and pedals. Got it running really well. Tonight my 27YO daughter came home from a long weekend. She has not ridden a bike in probably 14 years - turned her nose up at them when she got close to driving age. Well she agreed to go out for a ride with my soon to be 10YO and my wife and me. She was wobbly at first, never ridden with hand brakes or shifters. We went around the block once, then twice, then I asked her if she was done, "no, once more around" then 3 more times later she was done. As we were putting the bikes away she said, "How about riding Tuesday evening after work?".

Isn't life grand
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that we really need a reason but you've just described one of the best reasons for having extra bikes around.

Enjoy Tuesday!!

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Score!!!!!!!!
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Flatlander
    in the House of Perpetual Renovation, BSLNC
    My Bikes
    2010 Jamis Coda Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great!

Old Fogy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About an hour ago, I sent my youngest son, (43 years old), home, with a Marin hybrid to road test. He's looking for a commuter bike, and doesn't know the first thing about them. I told him if that doesn't do it for him, come get a drop-bar road bike to try. When he decides what he wants, we'll go together to the bike shop and get him a new one.
    My 23 year old granddaughter borrowed the same bike a couple of months ago, and then we went to the bike shop and bought her a nice GT hybrid.
    I have a few more bikes stashed for the younger grand kids. A great way to get riding partners!