Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Don from Austin Texas
    My Bikes
    Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be too smug -- mildly funny story

So the other day David and I were coming back from our Thurs. night ride which has some hills -- including one that tops out at just over 20% grade. We were giving each other strokes for making pretty good time on the ride. Stopped at an intersection at the bottom of a medium hill, I looked back and caught the eye of a pretty young rather full-figured lady on a road bike and we exchanged smiles. The light turned green and like the pair of testosterone-fueled old buzzards that we are, we spun up the hill about as fast as we could. I remember thinking "That young girl is pretty heavy -- this hill is going to be a *b****h for her."

Of course you know the rest of the story.

Well we got the jump on her spinning madly, but in about 10 seconds she came cruising past us using her big front ring and a small rear sprocket basically as if we were rolling downhill backwards! She gave us a big smile and wave and she was GONE. David observed that she had "legs like a linebacker!"

Thinking about it I am laughing all over again.

Don in Austin

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to pretty young full figured lady riders this testosterone-fueled old buzzard much prefers a long stern chase.
    Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's a doper. You get big boobs from DHEA.

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don,

Had not seen one of your posts for awhile - I was just thinking the other day about how you might be getting along.
    Anyway - I know what your talking about, I seem to end up chasing these pretty young things who also happen to do triathlons, they are powerful consistent riders and they usually leave me breathless...
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
    So the other day David and I were coming back from our Thurs. night ride which has some hills -- including one that tops out at just over 20% grade. We were giving each other strokes for making pretty good time on the ride. Stopped at an intersection at the bottom of a medium hill, I looked back and caught the eye of a pretty young rather full-figured lady on a road bike and we exchanged smiles. The light turned green and like the pair of testosterone-fueled old buzzards that we are, we spun up the hill about as fast as we could. I remember thinking "That young girl is pretty heavy -- this hill is going to be a *b****h for her."

Of course you know the rest of the story.

Well we got the jump on her spinning madly, but in about 10 seconds she came cruising past us using her big front ring and a small rear sprocket basically as if we were rolling downhill backwards! She gave us a big smile and wave and she was GONE. David observed that she had "legs like a linebacker!"

Thinking about it I am laughing all over again.

Don in Austin
    Well, at least your ego is resilient enough to laugh about it!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    and they usually leave me breathless...
    In more ways than one?

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To quote 'the Killer':

"You
    Leave me...
    WOOOOOOOOO -- BREATHless-a!"

Don from Austin Texas
    My Bikes
    Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by coldfeet View Post
    Well, at least your ego is resilient enough to laugh about it!
    Absolutely! I never feel bad when the joke's on me.

Don

My Bikes
    Surly LHT, Specialized Rockhopper, Nashbar Touring (old), Specialized Stumpjumper (older), Nishiki Tourer (model unknown)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was on my Allez and I got passed on a hill by a pretty young girl in a sundress and straw hat, riding a pink beach cruiser! All you can do is smile in wry amusement. (I was finishing a 30-mile ride. She was probably on her second mile, and bonked in the next, after she passed me. Yeah, that's it.)

Don from Austin Texas
    My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueToe View Post
    I was on my Allez and I got passed on a hill by a pretty young girl in a sundress and straw hat, riding a pink beach cruiser! All you can do is smile in wry amusement. (I was finishing a 30-mile ride. She was probably on her second mile, and bonked in the next, after she passed me. Yeah, that's it.)
    But there is nothing of greater beauty than feminine thighs pumping in and out of a sundress......

Don in Austin

My Bikes
    Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just today I young gal passed me up but that's no big surprise. I'm 59 and on a mtn bike with street tires. She had good form and a decent bike. I asked to hang on for a minute or two and she invited me to draft if I wanted. I lasted about two minutes and said goodbye. Woosh! She was gone. I chuckled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post
    She's a doper. You get big boobs from DHEA.
    TWL has become my favorite poster. His observations are consistently hilarious.

My Bikes
    94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueToe View Post
    Was this her?

Truth is stranger than reality.
    '96 Giant ATX 760 MTB
    '01 Bianchi Eros
    '05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades