Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally Shed Those Last Few Pounds!

It's taking longer and longer very year but I FINALLY was able to drop some unwanted winter weight. In fact I even went beyond that and have hit a new low for the last 25 years.

It only took riding 540+ miles in one week plus eating less at the same time to lose 5-6 more pounds. The handles are now a little smaller-but there are still definitely traces of them being there. I wonder what it would take to go another 5-10 pounds.

Feels pretty good as it is.

Calories In versus Calories Out still seems to apply to me........
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job I'm down 13 lbs since April and I want to drop another ten or 15 to get down where I want to be at 165
    (Life is too short to play crappy guitars) 2006 Raleigh Cadent 3.0, 1977 Schwinn Volare, 2010 Windsor tourist. ( I didn't fall , I attacked the floor)

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to lose the last 10 lbs. for the last three years.

Sometimes make some progress, but can never get there. Yes, I should ride more and eat less, i.e. not rocket science as they say.

Rick / OCRR

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I need to eat for energy. Only weighing 150 lbs at 5'6" means that I do not carry a great deal of excess weight but what I do have is well distributed in one place. If I could lose that- I reckon I could class myself as a Lightweight- but I need the energy to ride.

Thats my story and I am sticking to it--Now wheres the cakes my daughter made today?
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    I've been trying to lose the last 10 lbs. for the last three years.

Sometimes make some progress, but can never get there. Yes, I should ride more and eat less, i.e. not rocket science as they say.

Rick / OCRR
    You would think that with Doubles and all the miles we do it would not be a problem-I guess the body just acclimates itself to status quo.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sure is brutal. I was able to get 25 lbs off 2 summers ago, gained most o fit back over the winter, lost 15 last summer and gained it back, now I am down almost 10 and looking for 20 more. I am not sure I'll make it - I have not had a scoop of my favorite ice cream in 3 months
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My Bikes
    Lynskey R230, S-Works Epic, Bianchi Speciale, Tricross Expert
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its only 10 pounds, I go a month eating only the calories I burned on the previous days ride. It is good incentive to stay on the bike.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    You would think that with Doubles and all the miles we do it would not be a problem-I guess the body just acclimates itself to status quo.
    Yes jppe, You would think so!

Actually I shouldn't complain, I'm down from 185 to 165 (actually 162 yesteday), but can't get to my goal of 155. I'm 5' 9" so I should be able to get to 155!

Eat less, Ride more, Repeat.

Rick / OCRR

Motorcycle RoadRacer cehowardGS's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's taking longer and longer very year but I FINALLY was able to drop some unwanted winter weight. In fact I even went beyond that and have hit a new low for the last 25 years.

It only took riding 540+ miles in one week plus eating less at the same time to lose 5-6 more pounds. The handles are now a little smaller-but there are still definitely traces of them being there. I wonder what it would take to go another 5-10 pounds.

Calories In versus Calories Out still seems to apply to me........
    In my humble old opinion, if you hit the gym, along with contiuning the great work you already doing, you will bang off more than 10 lbs and you will see some, Lord forbid, muscles coming on taking the place of where unwanted fat/flab or whatever was there.

Trust me, IT WORKS!!

Congrats on your accomplishment..

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    Yes jppe, You would think so!

Actually I shouldn't complain, I'm down from 185 to 165 (actually 162 yesteday), but can't get to my goal of 155. I'm 5' 9" so I should be able to get to 155!

Eat less, Ride more, Repeat.

Rick / OCRR
    You're closing in though. I'm a little taller at 6' 1" and just went from 170+ to 164. The lightest I recall being was 155 as a Freshman in College so I'm wondering what it would take to get back to the 155...... The sad part is all the extra is around my waist and a little on the butt. Can't really complain about the butt cushion though!
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It only took riding 540+ miles in one week plus eating less at the same time to lose 5-6 more pounds. The handles are now a little smaller-but there are still definitely traces of them being there.
    I wonder what it would take to go another 5-10 pounds.

Calories In versus Calories Out still seems to apply to me....
    Domestique - grand tour. There is one coming up in a few days and you are in prime condition after RtR.
    Last edited by Hermes; 06-24-10 at 06:03 PM.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix - Look 566 - Jamis Coda Elite
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I been hitting it pretty good myself and got down to 185 from 200. Now I'm back up to 190 and really feel heavy. I think I would like to stay around 185, being 6'2".
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Domestique - grand tour. There is one coming up in a few days and you are in prime condition after RtR.
    Could I get paid for services rendered by chance????
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. I will text Lance and set it up. You will lead him up the climbs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always found that I can eat enough to compensate for what gets burned off. The trick is not to do that...
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright