Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: A convert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A convert

Many of you speak very highly of bib style shorts, And now I know why. I got a pair of the house brand from aerotechdesigns for Fathers Day, and was able to take them for a test ride yesterday. They are the most comforable cycling shorts I have ever worn, ever. The down side was that it kind of restricted the cooling air flow under my shirt, due ofcourse to the bib design. But the rest was about as perfect as you can expect. So comforable in fact, that at times it felt like I wasn't wearing pants at all! The fit, fabric, design, and the chamios where all spot on. The waistband didn't roll, or bunch, and I didn't get that exposed lower back feeling. But it will take a little geting used to the feel of the shoulder straps, but I attribute that to my sensativity to new, unwashed clothing( I can't wear anything the isn't first washed, dress shirts are torture). After the ride, I walked in the house and my wife asked me how they new shorts where, I simply told her shopping for my birthday present, in July, just got a lot easier, just get me more of these.
    If you haven't tried bibs, you owe it to yourself to do so, and the Aerotech brand seem to be pretty good, we'll se how they hold up.
    Enjoy the ride.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to be careful about that "at times it felt like I wasn't wearing pants at all" stuff. You don't want to find yourself 20 minutes into a ride and realize you're doing it minus bottoms.

I only wear bibs these days. That is unless all five pair I have are in the wash at the same time. Then I switch to a pair of regular shorts.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOS88 View Post

I only wear bibs these days. That is unless all five pair I have are in the wash at the same time. Then I switch to a pair of regular shorts.
    Same here- 5 sets of bibs and one pair of shorts for emergencies. Only thing is- only two pairs of the bibs are "Quality pairs. Once I got onto paying real money for clothing- Stuff out of the sales bin is not quite the same.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leob1 View Post
    Many of you speak very highly of bib style shorts, And now I know why. I got a pair of the house brand from aerotechdesigns for Fathers Day, and was able to take them for a test ride yesterday. They are the most comforable cycling shorts I have ever worn, ever. The down side was that it kind of restricted the cooling air flow under my shirt, due ofcourse to the bib design.
    If you think the lower priced bibs you got are comfortable, wait until you try some "nice" bibs. If you look around you'll see that many of the higher priced bibs have less material in the chest and back area so they don't restrict the air flow as much.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    If you think the lower priced bibs you got are comfortable, wait until you try some "nice" bibs. If you look around you'll see that many of the higher priced bibs have less material in the chest and back area so they don't restrict the air flow as much.
    Yes... now the search for the "perfect pair" of bibs begins. It's another version of N+1 syndrome....

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

My Bikes
    Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hooray! Someone else sees the light!

As Stapfam and RonH have said, the next level of bibs will brighten that light a little more.
    This reminds me I need another pair myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My newest bibs have mesh from the waist up - more air flow through - Agu Vinto Bib Short

Last edited by DnvrFox; 06-26-10 at 06:01 AM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.