Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Muscle bike design spec robtown's Avatar
    My Bikes
    98 Giant CFR-TEAM, 00 Lemond, 08 Kestrel Evoke, 96 Colnago Master Olympic, 01 Colnago Ovalmaster, Raleigh Gran Sport, 03 Fuji World, 86 Paramount, 90 Miyata CF, 09 Ritchey Breakaway CX, Bianchi Trofeo, 12 HyperLite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N+1 Ruby is complete

Here is Ruby - similar to the 20" Raleigh Rodeo I had in my teens. With a professional ruby paint job done by the auto shop she cost double. I am disappointed because she should have shone in the sun - you can see some of the effect but it's very muted. As a casual nostalgic ride she brings something different to the stable. Despite putting money out on good cabling, pads, and Grand Cru cantilevers her braking is poor. Fortunately it will do fine at the speeds I'll ride.

Korval is Ships
    See my Hyperlite 411 it's the photo model on OutRiderUSA web page

My Bikes
    Litespeed Tuscany , Lemond Poprad, 1970's Motobecane Grand Record
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice job on the build. When I was in grade school I wanted a 20" stingray like my friends. One of my big brothers bought me a 26" bike that looked a lot like that one except it was fire engine red. When I first saw it I was disappointed, but after a few rides to town at 11 miles each way I loved it.