0 Thread(s)

Fizik saddles

Has anybody tried the Fizik Antares.
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but I see Performance has it on sale. I ride an Alante. I also ride a 80's vintage Selle San Marco Ergo on my Vitus. I'm just as comfortable in either saddle.

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George try this for two weeks.
    Then any saddle will feel good.

[SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could Fred. I see that saddle's on sale at Performance and I think I'm going to order it. I thought I might get more responses before I did, but I guess a lot of people don't ride them. I like the Arione, but it was a little to narrow for me and I think the Antares may work. Thanks for the replies guys.
    George

My Bikes
    S-Works Tarmac
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a virtually brand new white Antares if you are interested. I'll take $80 for it. Its a decent saddle but, I still find long rides give me discomfort due to being slightly more rounded than the Toupe. I've tried a bunch of saddles but, seem to keep coming back to the Toupe ( with shorts that have a dense pad).

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NealH View Post
    I have a virtually brand new white Antares if you are interested. I'll take $80 for it. Its a decent saddle but, I still find long rides give me discomfort due to being slightly more rounded than the Toupe. I've tried a bunch of saddles but, seem to keep coming back to the Toupe ( with shorts that have a dense pad).
    Thanks anyhow Neil, I ordered it and if I don't like it, it goes back.
    George

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let us know what you think of it. It's a smoken deal.
    Eric

My Bikes
    Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George,
    Wondering what the results are with the new Antares?

I picked a test one up today to try out. I use a Arione now as well but wanted to see if this would be any better, or different, not that the Arione is bad, I have over 7000 miles on it .

KR

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kr32 View Post
    George,
    Wondering what the results are with the new Antares?

I picked a test one up today to try out. I use a Arione now as well but wanted to see if this would be any better, or different, not that the Arione is bad, I have over 7000 miles on it .

KR

I had to wait over a week to get the saddle, so that's what took so long for me to reply. I only have about 200 miles on it, but it looks like it's a keeper. I've been pretty busy, as always, but Friday I'm going for a 50+ miler with it and I'll get back to you. So far the longest ride on it is 42 miles and it's working out great. I had the Arione, but it was a tad to narrow and started to bother me after a few hours. I really like the Aliante and will probably keep that on my Roubaix, but the Antares will stay on the Look. I hope anyhow, we'll see what happens later in the week. I'll give you an update then. Oh I forgot, I was going to sell both of the Aliante's, but didn't get any bites. I was trying to get another Antares, before the sale was over, but they show that they are out of them. They say I can still order one and I'll get it when it comes in, but I have to wait a little bit.
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my get about town bike has a Vitesse CP3 on it , have a Vitesse HP, has not enough padding, but since I got it thru a Brompton dealer It has a high clearance rail Bend, they bought thousands so could specify
    so I can shove it well back on my Airwings Suspension seat post, which unfortunately has a lot of clamping Mechanism above the saddle rail
    so clearance between rail and the underside of the saddle shell came up short.. with the CP#'s rail bend.. quest of setback to unweight my arms..

Too bad Im at the far end of the supply chain, the customer end.. also find their covering is fragile , a little stucco wall leaning cuts the material , forcing me to get out the roll of Duct Tape.
    Last edited by fietsbob; 07-12-10 at 05:31 PM.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Has anybody tried the Fizik Antares.
    I've heard that Dave Zabriskie likes it.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    I've heard that Dave Zabriskie likes it.
    Then I know it's good. I do like him him, but I was kind of pulling for Andy, before the race started. I think I'll stick with him.
    George

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Then I know it's good. I do like him him, but I was kind of pulling for Andy, before the race started. I think I'll stick with him.
    Don't worry. DZ is not in the battle for the GC. I guess he is supporting Ryder Hesjedal now that Vande Velde is out of the race. It would be nice to see Dave win the TT.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George,
    Thanks for the reply.

When I installed mine yesterday, no riding yet due to rain, I noticed that it seemed harder than the Arione. Is this what you have found riding it? It may not be a problem in practice but it sure did feel firmer to me. I hope to get some miles today but thunder showers are expected again today.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kr32 View Post
    George,
    Thanks for the reply.

When I installed mine yesterday, no riding yet due to rain, I noticed that it seemed harder than the Arione. Is this what you have found riding it? It may not be a problem in practice but it sure did feel firmer to me. I hope to get some miles today but thunder showers are expected again today.
    Yes, I think it's a little firmer than the Arione and much more than the Aliante. They say it's like the Arione, but having had one I really don't think so. There was something about the Arione that didn't feel right after riding 2 hours or so. I just got back from a 3 hour ride and my feet never touched the ground. My sit bones don't hurt and I have no saddle chafe at all. After all the saddles I've tried, I really think this is going to work. I probably shouldn't have said that.
    I'm going to keep my eye open for a black one now, but the white one doesn't look bad. I really don't know if I care for the tape that came with it though. What did you think of it? Anyhow I think you'll like like it. Or I hope you do anyway
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I just got one of the LBS "loaner" ones. Orange! I am hoping to ride it today after work, weather permitting.

Color will be an issue too, My Arione is blue with a silver stripe down the middle so it matches the Cannondale perfect( Blue with silver accents).

A black saddle more than likely but white might work if I change bar tape, which needs to done like yesterday, very dirty indeed.( all of course if I like it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Mark Cavendish's answer when being interviewed on saddle choice. The Aliante fits my wide rear end.(poetic liberty taken in the quote)

I prefer the Aliante to any of the Fizik saddles.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/catego...addle-10-37867

Just saw this on Road Forum, thought I would share here.
    The new Fizik Antares Versus

My Bikes
    Bianchi Infinito, Wilier Mortirolo Veloce
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Fizik Aliante on a Giant Defy Advanced - it was one of the comfiest (but not squidgy) saddles I've had under me. I might still get one for my new Wilier (pride!), but I'll see how the Selle Italia goes first.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I tried the Antares for a week with over 200 miles on it all told, one ride was 4+hours .
    My first thoughts were it was very firm yet comfortable. It is a little shorter than the Airone and a tad wider. Each ride I was feeling I liked it more and more. On the 4 hour ride I never had issuses but it never got any less firm the whole time.
    When I took it off and reinstalled my Airone, the very first ride I new the Airone was my saddle. It is just more comfortable for me. I like to move around from time to time and with the Antares you can't too much, it's shorter so the moves are shorter.
    I don't know if the Antares would "soften" up after more time but I am sticking with the Airone.
    It is a good saddle just not for me. I may give it another test for a longer time just to be sure though sometime in the future. It never felt bad it was just a tad too firm.
    no goals , just ride

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered one of the "Test" Antares off of eBay that is in new never loaned condition to try out. I just got a Univega Modo Volare that came with a Selle Italia XO seat and have ridden it for 50 or so miles and HATE it compared to my Specialized Rival seat on my MTB that I used to ride on the road.

Since I couldn't justify $130+ to buy a regular version I thought I would give this one a try. I like flat seats with dense padding and no foam so I hope this works. I also have to get a shorter stem as the 140mm that is on there now makes me stretch too much. I have a 120mm on the way and hopefully will be betting a 100mm to try as well. I may also have to have it adjusted to 16deg as the 10deg that I have now places the bars a bit low but that could be just that they are too far out as well and will be fixed with the shorter stem.

I wish I had a LBS that would rent out seats This might cost me a fortune. The bike is a 62cm frame and I am 6'5" with a 36" inseam so I'm pretty sure the frame is the right size or that's what the guy at the LBS I bought it from told me.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jlficken,

I was lucky in that my LBS has a no cost loaner program for Fizik saddles, try it as long as you want.

{I like flat seats with dense padding and no foam so I hope this works.** I have a feeling you will.
    no goals , just ride

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all is said and done I took mine back as well. I'm back on the Aliante. So far it's the best for me.
    George