Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch Out Cyclinfool...they're coming at you!!!!

Gyro and I rode out to Spencerport this morning and hung out along the canal for a while. There is a long stream of cyclists and they're coming your way. http://www.ptny.org/canaltour/index.shtml

Big riders and small riders, short riders and tall riders, and they are all smiling and having a great time. There were tandem recumbents and LWB recumbents and SWB recumbents, but mostly there were those funny bikes that people sit way up on top of.

We visited with several riders as they took rest breaks and each and every one that we spoke with was having the time of their lives.

Once they learned that we were locals they hit us with a barrage of questions. (Where's a good place for lunch?) or (How far is it to.....?) and (How do I get to .....?) was a big one.

We visited with a gent from California for a long while. There were riders from France and Mexico.

I thought I was going to be bored to tears just watching a bunch of bikes ride by but instead, just as Gyro said we would, I had a good time.

So get ready buddy 'cause here they come!!!!
    Last edited by cranky old dude; 07-12-10 at 10:03 PM.

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We usually see the migration on the bike path next weekend, I have tried to swim upstream of this tide several times in the past and it isn't pretty. There is a very steep hill very close to where I live and you would not believe the words I hear as they chug, slug and sometimes walk the bikes up. But this year I am smart, I am off to Maine so I will miss the crowd. Hopefully I will be riding by the seashore and lunching on lobster rolls!
    Hope you showed them a good time.

BTW - tonight I am sitting in a Hotel in Henrietta - have a meeting and then back home tomorrow. I should pack the bike one time and see if we can't go for a spin. You down low - me up high...
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    We usually see the migration on the bike path next weekend, I have tried to swim upstream of this tide several times in the past and it isn't pretty. There is a very steep hill very close to where I live and you would not believe the words I hear as they chug, slug and sometimes walk the bikes up. But this year I am smart, I am off to Maine so I will miss the crowd. Hopefully I will be riding by the seashore and lunching on lobster rolls!
    Hope you showed them a good time.

BTW - tonight I am sitting in a Hotel in Henrietta - have a meeting and then back home tomorrow. I should pack the bike one time and see if we can't go for a spin. You down low - me up high...
    Great idea!

I could be co-erced to ride my road bike, maybe...I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh sure, leave me at home......................

My Bikes
    Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no - we would invite you as well as TSL - no reason to leave anyone behind!
    "Of all the things I ever lost I miss my mind the most." Mark Twain
    If all you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

tsl
    My Bikes
    1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclinfool View Post
    Oh sure, wait until I'm out of the country on vacation, then drop by frumpy old R-town. See how you are?
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.