Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Rain 2010

My Bikes
    Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain 2010

Anyone amongnst this esteemed group participating in Saturday's 24th Annual Ride Across INdiana. "One Day, One Way, 160 miles"? I'll be there again this year with my wife and twin daughters providing the SAG and encouragement necessary for a successful ride. Our own jppe joined us with some of his family last year, and we had a great day. Anyone???

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so hoping you have some nice tailwinds Saturday. Be sure and stick your nose in there with the front group the first 30-40 miles and you might even be looking at a sub 7hr day. You just never know. While you'll be finishing those last few miles I'll be sitting on the beach enjoying something very cool coming out of the cooler.......
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather.com is predicting sunny with high in the 80's and a 6mph NW wind. Sounds tolerable. I hope to be riding in Bartholomew and Brown counties this Saturday. I don't have 160 miles in me. Maybe in the future????
    The route will not go by my neighborhood this year - Banta Road on the southside of Indy has some very rough sections because of septic elimination project work. Instead, the route goes up to Thompson Road and goes east past the home I grew up in. That road should be smooth.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

My Bikes
    Cannondale Six Carbon 5 and Gary Fisher Wahoo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    Be sure and stick your nose in there with the front group the first 30-40 miles and you might even be looking at a sub 7hr day. You just never know..
    That is something I would know....never happen for me! 23 mph avg for 7 hours? smokin'

My Bikes
    Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Litespeed Tuscany Road, Specialized Allez Epic lugged carbon frame Road,Giant Anthem 29'r, Klein Hardtail
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JanMM View Post
    Weather.com is predicting sunny with high in the 80's and a 6mph NW wind. Sounds tolerable. I hope to be riding in Bartholomew and Brown counties this Saturday. I don't have 160 miles in me. Maybe in the future????
    The route will not go by my neighborhood this year - Banta Road on the southside of Indy has some very rough sections because of septic elimination project work. Instead, the route goes up to Thompson Road and goes east past the home I grew up in. That road should be smooth.
    JanMM -Thanks for the update, I saw SW winds, but I'll take it on either shoulder as opposed to my face.
    jppe - save a beverage for me, if I can come in in the first 50 group, I'll consider it a successful day.

My Bikes
    73 Raleigh Supercourse, 99 Specialized Stumpjumer, 08 LeMond Tourmalet
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be coming up from Evansville and riding with 4 friends from the local club. My first RAIN ride. My goal is to finish, although I am riding with a great group I've done a couple of centuries with, so we should make respectable time. If I see that jersey I'll be sure to say high!