Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rode with billydonn today

We met at the world famous Stone Mountain Park where he's staying. We decided to ride out of the park and see some of the "sights" in the burbs. There are sights to see?? That's news to me.

The first pic is at the park. Is Don thinking about stealing my bike?

I thought I had a picture of where we stopped in Avondale Estates but I guess the camera ate it.

Here's Don on the return trip a few miles from the park.

We got back to the park and found someone willing to take our picture.

I know you're still looking for the pics of the "sights". There are no sights in Atlanta, unless you consider lines of cars and traffic everywhere you go to be "sights".

Thanks for the ride Don.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---
    2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 "Racing Edition"--The bike shop owner said it's toast after the car-bike accident. R.I.P.
    * * 2014 or 2015 CAAD 10 3 coming soon. Decision time. * *

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee, no one else is going to say anything, so I will:

Good ride. Good pics. Trim the beard. I love my new Wahl clippers. No one over 50 should wear a celestial seasonings jersey. Ever. Nice bikes. Love the Litespeed in particular. Drink Dos Equis. Marry a women 30 years younger. Next time post average speed or it doesn't count. Dopers suck.

Having reached my snark quota for today, I'm going back to bed.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. You could have taken him to Little Five Points and Virginia Highlands. There's always something or someone interesting to see when I drive through there. The entrance to The Vortex if nothing else. Good looking Litespeed.
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is always fun to see photos of those who post here, I like to see the person behind the avatar. Those are great pictures. Why hasn't Billydon posted that photo on the "Show us you in your 50+ Jersey" thread?

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Weak Link View Post
    No one over 50 should wear a celestial seasonings jersey. Ever. Nice bikes. Love the Litespeed in particular. Drink Dos Equis.
    I probably spent too much time sorting through my limited selection of jerseys. The CS jersey is one of 2 or 3 still in good condition, not faded or with grease spots.
    I have a Dos Equis jersey but on hot days (it was 93F yesterday) it feels really uncomfortable.
    2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 "Racing Edition"--The bike shop owner said it's toast after the car-bike accident. R.I.P.

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    Nice. You could have taken him to Little Five Points and Virginia Highlands. There's always something or someone interesting to see when I drive through there. The entrance to The Vortex if nothing else. Good looking Litespeed.
    I didn't want to scare him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't "Gone with the Wind" Still play in Atlanta? That would be a "sight." Thanks for the pictures.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    Isn't "Gone with the Wind" Still play in Atlanta? That would be a "sight." Thanks for the pictures.
    Sorry, I DO NOT do downtown Atlanta without an armed guard or a large crowd to ride with.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one over 50 should wear a celestial seasonings jersey. Ever.
    Its kind of a retro jersey. My wife wants to know why 50+ shouldn't wear it.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the authorities aware that BillyDonn is down South?
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Its kind of a retro jersey. My wife wants to know why 50+ shouldn't wear it.
    This question is above my pay grade so I kicked it up all the way to Ma Gaia Herself.

She says she can't put her finger on it, but something about an old coot wearing that jersey just pisses her off.

I would never ever question Ma Gaia or Papa Darwin. It would be blasphemy.

Did your wife have any questions on why you should marry a woman 30 years your junior?

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys look hot just standing there. It looks like you had a pretty nice ride though. Great going guys.
    George

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did your wife have any questions on why you should marry a woman 30 years your junior?
    I didn't tell her about that remark.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    You guys look hot just standing there. It looks like you had a pretty nice ride though. Great going guys.
    I'm not gonna touch that one.
    Last edited by RonH; 07-15-10 at 05:18 AM.

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    I'm not gonna touch that one.
    I mean the weather.
    George