Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna have to stop wearing my 50+ Jersey

Did an organized century today and got LOTs of comments about the Jersey. Way more comments and questions about the Jersey than the bike. Plus it's very challenging to explain the origination of the Jersey when you're sucking wheels in a group of 30-40 doing 25+ mph-it's just not safe!!
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    GF Wahoo '05, Trek T1000 '04, Lemond Buenos Aires '07
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, do you ride with a power meter? If you do, what kind of wattage were you generating today?

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to admit that I choose the rides for the jersey now.

Plenty of hills and I don't wear it---Mainly for the same reason as you but with the addition that I do get caught on the hills and gasping out the origins of the jersey has caused problems on the breathing stakes.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never been asked!!

Maybe they assume it is my top speed?

My Bikes
    Eddy Merckx SXM, LeMond Buenos Aires, Cannondale Road Warrior 1000 plus a couple of comforts (Specialized Crossroads and Giant Cyprus) and a beater mtb for around town.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    Did an organized century today and got LOTs of comments about the Jersey. Way more comments and questions about the Jersey than the bike. Plus it's very challenging to explain the origination of the Jersey when you're sucking wheels in a group of 30-40 doing 25+ mph-it's just not safe!!
    But you look so beautimous in your 50+ jersey. Just keep riding those young whipper snappers into the ground and let them make up their own excuses for not being able to drop you. The slim good-looking model on the right is jppe, I am the fat one on the left.....
    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
    --Ben Franklin

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yesterday I rode the route of the Civil War Century solo, because I'm not going to be able to make the ride this year. I met up with two other riders who were on the course. One of the guys finally said, "now I remember where I saw you! You were the guy I chatted with on last year's ride who was wearing that red jersey with the 50 on it!"
    2009 Cervelo R3SL TdF Edition, Ultegra Di2
    2011 Cervelo R5, DA Di2

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice jersey and bibs. I will be selling mine (never worn)as they are too big. Size XL. If anyone is interested, PM me.

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too get the occasional comment about my 50+ jersey from other riders but the strangest one was:

"Wow, if I were that old, I sure wouldn't wear a jersey advertising it!"

This from a guy who looked like he was mid-40's plus at least (though I didn't ask).

Rick / OCRR