Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Vacation Riding (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/663634-vacation-riding.html)

gash44 07-18-10 07:15 PM

Vacation Riding

Well my vacation is over and I go back to work on Monday July 19th. I have been off since July 1. I did lots of riding rode 12 out of the 18 days I have had off and rode 436 miles and enjoyed every minute of it down to the 41 miles I did today. Lots of scenic roads in the small towns around where I live and the weather could not have been better for riding even in the heat wave we have been having.

Now its back to work and all I want to do is just keep riding. If only I could win the lottery. But no such luck. :speedy:

stapfam 07-19-10 02:46 PM

I have lived in the same town for 25 years. For the last 20 years I have been riding the area- but mainly up on the hills mountain biking. 4 years ago I started road riding and this year have started to explore my "Local " area.

You do not need to go on expensive holidays to find scenery that is new and exciting. My Holiday this year was spent at "Window Sill Bay"- In other words decorating the top bedroom- but I did manage to get out for a ride most days- but did not get in the milage that you did. What I did manage was to explore North of my home along roads that I would never normally go on. Like you I wish the lottery would come my way. Then I could get one of those properties in the middle of nowhere that I was finding. Middle of nowhere?---It was only 10 miles from home but it was like a different country at times.

gash44 07-19-10 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 11139891)
I have lived in the same town for 25 years. For the last 20 years I have been riding the area- but mainly up on the hills mountain biking. 4 years ago I started road riding and this year have started to explore my "Local " area.

You do not need to go on expensive holidays to find scenery that is new and exciting. My Holiday this year was spent at "Window Sill Bay"- In other words decorating the top bedroom- but I did manage to get out for a ride most days- but did not get in the milage that you did. What I did manage was to explore North of my home along roads that I would never normally go on. Like you I wish the lottery would come my way. Then I could get one of those properties in the middle of nowhere that I was finding. Middle of nowhere?---It was only 10 miles from home but it was like a different country at times.

I live about 20 miles west of Boston and have found lots of back roads to cycle. One day I was take some pictures of a very large and very nice house when another cyclist rode by and said while looking at the house "but is he happy" my answer back was I do not know but I would be. :)